yeast infection.........?

I just started my birth control pills on sunday and i got my yeast infection pills today from my doctor and i heard pills can messed up on birth control and you can get pregnant

Update:

it's hurt to have sex because my yeast infection is so bad and itching down here

6 Answers

Relevance
  • KT
    Lv 5
    9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Definitely use backup until the infection is cleared up! (If you're even comfortable enough to have sex with a yeast infection-ouch!!) Oral medications for yeast infections are known to make the pill less effective.

While antibiotics are the best known medication to interfere with the pill, yeast infections are caused by fungus, and are not treated with antibiotics; in fact, antibiotics often cause yeast infections! Just a little refresher course on our bodies.

• 4 years ago

Source(s): Naturally Eliminate Yeast Infection : http://yeastcure.trustdd.com/?CDPT
  • 5 years ago

Cure Yeast Infection Holistically : http://yeastcured.com/

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

amelia elizabeth smith born on april 23rd 2011 , If you want to cure yeast infection and get rid of painful irritation and persistent itching then read this article and discover these simple yet extremely effective and affordable yeast infection cures that work particularly fast.

First it is important that you realize that the majority of yeast infection treatments out there only focus on providing temporary relief. These treatments will temporarily get rid of pain, itching and irritation but they fail to address the root cause of the infection - Candida Albicans. This is the reason why these infections are a recurring nightmare for so many women out there. I Recommend yeast infection nomore.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 9 years ago

Yes you can get pregnant. While on birth control, be careful because antibiotics will mess with birth control. Keep taking the birth control obviously because when you are done with the antibiotics the birth control still needs to be with your cycle. It will return back to normal probably 3-4 days after you finish the antibiotics. Just be careful =)

Source(s): personal experience
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago

You dont need pills to take care of a yeast infection. Drink an 8oz glas of pure cranberry juice twice a day and be sure to clean yourself very well when your in the tub. It should go away within 5 days.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.