What would be better rebuilding chevy 350 small block or buying a crate engine off summit racing?

I am willing to spend 2500 I don't need nothing top of the line a 350 crate engine will do. I just will like to know what would be more beneficial for me 1972 Chevelle

Favorite Answer

I'd recommend buying a motor from Jasper Engines. You can have it built the way you want it and they come with 3 year, 100,000 mile warranties. Good luck and hope this helps.

Source(s): Certified Auto Technician

go with a crate engine. $2500 wont get you far if you do a rebuild on your own , and for $2500 you may just be able to find a 300hp 350 engine somewhere. Only cheaper way out is to buy an engine from a junkyard and install it from there.

try www.car-part.com

good luck.......

• Gary

Better to buy crate engine. Everything done to specs. and carries warranty. Also will probably cost more rebuilding seeing you won't know what you'll need to replace and can get expensive. Also there are optional crate engines as to build H.P. standard or high performance.

Source(s): ASE master auto tech ret.