ITunes on a second computer?

So, I just got a laptop, now I've been trying to get itunes on it like my desktop. But everytime I try to sync my ipod, it says I either have to cancel or erase everything on my ipod. I guess what I'm asking it how can I sync my songs on my ipod to the itunes on a different computer?

sure you may have iTunes activated (authorized)on as much as 5 computers at a time. only make a call from the keep menu interior the iTunes' menu bar --> Authorize computing gadget. The iTunes utility will attempt to validate the computing gadget from the iTunes keep on Apple's iTunes servers and as quickly as comprehensive, you may then use 2 or greater computers with iTunes. it is likewise conceivable to Deauthorize all computers at as quickly as from interior iTunes, cope with your MobileMe Account suggestion, and acquire the "Tip of the day" from Apple.

You might be able to do it on home sharing I think thanks what it is called.