Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthMental Health · 9 years ago

sometimes I enjoy being an @sshole?

Sometimes I enjoy being a jerk around people that are really vain, just to get thru their thick skulls what vanity means. Have you ever had a similar experience?

• Crysod
    Favorite Answer

Maybe you have a mild sadistic side. Though, if someone has what I perceive as a bad attitude and thick skull, I may use harsher than normal language to get through to them. It usually helps so I continue to do it, as long as it's not a personal attack with no basis then I don't see a problem. Provided that you know the person you're talking to.

Yeah. Perfectly normal. It;s human nature to want to give a vain or egotistical person a reality check, because not only is it irritating, it's juvenile for them to think that they're more important than everyone else. But the real truth is that they are usually the ones who are the most insecure. So they put on a show in attempt to convince everyone else that they are valuable and important.

It's really helpful to remember this next time you run into somebody with this kind of attitude. It'll help you look past their superficial exterior and instead feel more sympathy for them than anger.

• chieko

and for some reason you think you're getting your message across by being a jerk?

the only message they're probably getting is that you are a person to be avoided...