Is a P.O Box or personal check or money order a legally binding contract?

I want to buy a dog from a breeder in MO, I live in MD. The breeder says that he never uses a contract, and just uses the health guarantee as a means of guaranteeing if anything goes wrong with the dog latter on in life. Since I live in MD and the breeder lives on MO, what would be my legal rights in the instance they try to keep my money?

It is not a question of what your legal rights are. Rather, it is a case of having little practical way of enforcing them. If you send money to a post office box, to purchase a dog sight unseen, you will probably never see the money or the dog again. Find a breeder in your own area who you can meet face to face and have a look at the dog.

• DON

A PO box is considered a legal address but never send money to a po box and always use a contract to protect your rights, if the seller doesn't want a contract then beware of them and find another breeder or go to his residence and pay him after inspecting the animal do not trust his word especially since he is not giving you his actual address-- BEWARE