Kevin
Lv 5
Kevin asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 9 years ago

After 40 years of voting for democrats, why are the majority of blacks still living in poverty?

22 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

THE ANT AND THE GRASSHOPPER

This one is a little different... . Two Different

Versions.... ......... .... Two Different Morals

OLD VERSION

The ant works hard in the withering heat all summer long, building his house and laying up supplies for the winter.

The grasshopper thinks the ant is a fool and laughs and dances and plays the summer away.. Come winter, the ant is warm and well fed. The grasshopper has no food or shelter, so he dies out in the cold.

MORAL OF THE STORY: Be responsible for yourself!

MODERN VERSION

The ant works hard in the withering heat and the rain all summer long, building his house and laying up supplies for the winter.

The grasshopper thinks the ant is a fool and laughs and dances and plays the summer away. Come winter, the shivering grasshopper calls a press conference and demands to know why the ant should be allowed to be warm and well fed while he is cold and starving.

CBS, NBC , PBS, CNN, and ABC show up to provide pictures of the shivering grasshopper next to a video of the ant in his comfortable home with a table filled with food.

America is stunned by the sharp contrast. How can this be, that in a country of such wealth, this poor grasshopper is allowed to suffer so?

Kermit the Frog appears on Oprah with the grasshopper and everybody cries when they sing, 'It's Not Easy Being Green.'

ACORN stages a demonstration in front of the ant's house where the news stations film the group singing, We shall overcome. Then Rev. Jeremiah Wright has the group kneel down to pray to God for the grasshopper's sake.

President Obama condemns the ant and blames President Bush for the grasshopper's plight.

Nancy Pelosi & Harry Reid exclaim in an interview with Larry King that the ant has gotten rich off the back of the grasshopper, and both call for an immediate tax hike on the ant to make him pay his fair share.

Finally, the EEOC drafts the Economic Equity & Anti-Grasshopper Act retroactive to the beginning of the summer.

The ant is fined for failing to hire a proportionate number of green bugs and, having nothing left to pay his retroactive taxes, his home is confiscated by the Government Green Czar and given to the grasshopper.

The story ends as we see the grasshopper and his free-loading friends finishing up the last bits of the ants food while the government house he is in, which, as you recall, just happens to be the ant's old house, crumbles around them because the grasshopper doesn't maintain it.

The ant has disappeared in the snow, never to be seen again. The grasshopper is found dead in a drug related incident, and the house, now abandoned, is taken over by a gang of spiders who terrorize the ramshackle, once prosperous and once peaceful, neighborhood.

The entire Nation collapses bringing the rest of the free world with it.

MORAL OF THE STORY: Be careful how you vote in 2012.

• 9 years ago

I don't think it has so much to do with their voting records. Poverty is a cyclical thing, and it is REALLY hard to break out of based on the way our society is built up. Things have only gotten worse in the last 40 years. At one time, you could get a reasonable job without a college degree. That is no longer possible, and a lot of people are under the impression they can't afford college (although, if they'd settle for community college, they probably could)

• thrddg
    Lv 4
    9 years ago

There are so many reasons why. The democratic party has only brought death to black infants and the destruction of the black family. Blacks have not been taught their own history in America. Blacks are taught slavery and civil rights with almost nothing in between. Blacks have been kept in a permanent state of willful ignorance. Blacks have become less than people to the democrats, just another minority to be used made promises to and forgotten until the next election. How many blacks thought things would change after a black man became president, did things change? Things got worse. Look what obama did to the DC voucher program. I will put it this way blacks to democrats are not people they, obama sold out the black children of DC, did the blacks fake leaders organize a march or protest hell no. Why bother to the democrat blacks are just votes, just make them another empty promise and all is forgiven.

• Rayne
    Lv 7
    9 years ago

Because that's what they keep voting for - Food, housing and free health care.

If they wanted opportunity so that they could work to pay for their own food, housing and health care, they would vote Republican.

I was watching a debate yesterday, the liberal said, "Republicans never try to do anything for black people...They always just say 'get it yourself'"...It was said with such contempt that it has become obvious that liberals view self-sufficiency as something negative...To even suggest that someone make something of themselves without depending on strangers, is somehow offensive to the left...

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Golfer
    Lv 7
    9 years ago

Because the democrats still have the master mentality.

Notice the blacks who succeed in businesses are mostly those on the right.

The republicans want blacks to succeed while the leftest want to control everyone.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

Because capitalism still exists.

The capitalists say that they aren't good enough to make money. The capitalists crashed the economy and now the poverty rate has gone up.

What other information do you want. The Democrats tried their best to polish the rotten system and the poverty rate has gone down, but now they are more oppressed ecayse of bigger government.

Big Uncle Sam is not just a democrat thing. It is democrat and republican.

Big uncle Sam has bailed out the banks and they have protected capitalism from failing.

• 9 years ago

Because creating pointless institutions that make it so people do not have to be good breeds dependence. Once you are dependent on someone, it is very hard to go against them.

"Because the rich white man wants to keep them down."

-LOL, no. I'd say rich people (black and white) want people to succeed and do well on their own, without the help of pointless institutions.

"They always just say 'get it yourself'"."

-Huh? That's what my parents said when I wanted my first car. You know, I went out, got a job and did just that.

"The capitalists say that they aren't good enough to make money."

-So very wrong. I want people to make money, I want them to not be dependent on the state.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

Forty years of voting for Democrats. The government giving you something will not make one successful or lifting anyone out of poverty. Using the logic that it can, the Soviet Union should have become a paradise on earth and Hong Kong, who was left alone, should have become the dingiest place. IN reality, the opposite happened.

• 9 years ago

Because they went from plantation slavery to government slavery...They should have stuck with voting

for republicans, and they (we...yes I am black) would be much better off, rather then falling into the trap of a government system that is designed to KEEP you in that system. It's not designed to get you out of the cycle...Before voting in a large racial block for democrats, black families were in much better shape and just that they were in "families" mom and dad in the home.....the welfare system and democratic parties goal of wanting to give handouts has been bad for blacks. My parents taught me hard work, belief in myself, trust in God and no dependence on the government for my sustenance...its worked, even during hard times...We rely on each other...

• 9 years ago

You answered your own question. They voted for democrats.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.