Direct Objects? Help!?
What are the direct objects in these sentences? If they are wrong, please correct them! :(
1. Dad gave me a shortwave radio for my birthday.- Me
2. When the waves are high, I fear the ocean. - Ocean
3. Mother always keeps the good silverware in a box lined with velvet. - silverware
4. The clerk sold Alice a ceramic eagle holding a flag in its talons.- Alice
5. Pleas slice these pears for the salad.- Pears
6. Becky plays the organ for sunday services at the Episcopal Church.- organ
7. Shall I dye these eggs with red beet juice and onion skins?- eggs
8. I value truthfulness above all other qualities in my close friends.- truthfulness
9. Mr. Babson owns a cattle ranch in the outback of Australia.- cattle ranch
10. Indian women wear yards of lightweight cloth draped around them.- lightweight cloth
11. Eagerly we picked the berries in anticipation of pie for supper.- berries
12. Did you know that he has the first edition of a book by Mark Twain?- he
13. The company sent samples of various kinds of tea from India and China.- samples
14.Have you selected a title for your poem yet?- title
Thank you sooo much! :)
- Ms. WorthLv 79 years ago
1. Dad gave me a shortwave radio for my birthday.
He gave a RADIO ("to" me).
4. The clerk sold Alice a ceramic eagle holding a flag in its talons.
He sold an EAGLE ("to" Alice).
He didn't sell Alice!
9 and 10 -- don't include the adjectives (cattle, lightweight) -- just the nouns (ranch, cloth)
12. Did you know that he has the first edition of a book by Mark Twain?
"he" is the subject of the clause., not a direct object
He has the first EDITION