Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingParenting · 9 years ago

What age did you start wanting children?

I was just curious as to what age women started to want babies. I'm 23, with a man I love, and thinking a lot about it lately. Though, I have a long way to go in terms of school and financial security...

7 Answers

Relevance
  • KT
    Lv 5
    9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

I think I was groomed from an early age to want children. (Mormon patents) I can't think of a time in my life when I didn't want them!! Sometimes I question if my re-emerging baby fever has something to do with that, and if it's me that actually wants a third baby, or some hidden message that was beaten into my head..."bear children until you reach menopause!!"

Source(s): O.o
  • Spunky
    Lv 6
    9 years ago

I always swore up and down, I never wanted children.

Until I got married at 22. Suddenly, I had the worst baby fever ever.

I have actually had baby fever for a year now. I am 23.

I am just resisting until I am done with school, stable in my career, and my husband and I own our own home and have taken a decent size chunk out of our mortgage repayments.

Some days it is SO HARD and I just want to say screw it, let's have a baby! lol

I want to be able to pay for my kid's uni and the like though, so I wait. However impatiently. lol

I have come to the conclusion though, that most women around the age of 22, get baby fever, of some sort. We seem to be hard wired that way.

• 9 years ago

i've always known i wanted children.i also knew that i didn't want to have kids with the first man who looked at me too.i met my partner a month after i turned 22.2 months into the relationship,we had the talk about what we wanted from life - marriage and children being important to me.he wanted the same.we had talked about having a child.i was only a couple of months off a contraceptive pill that was known for having delayed fertility return.we started sort of trying,not really being bothered about whether it happened or not in a certain time frame.i found out i was 2 months pregnant close to our 6 month anniversary.we were 23 when our darling boy was born - he will be 4 in a couple of weeks,and we have been together 5 years

• 9 years ago

About 34.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 9 years ago

I'm fifteen right now, and I've actually been excited to be a parent since I was about twelve. Of course, I wouldn't dream of actually having kids any time soon. I'm going to wait until I'm done with school and with a stable job and husband.

• Zuzu
    Lv 6
    9 years ago

Source(s): Life, the Universe and Everything...
  • 9 years ago

I think it's different for each woman. There are some women who don't want children. Some early, some later if they do.

sorry, I read your question wrong...

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.