Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingParenting · 9 years ago

What age did you start wanting children?

I was just curious as to what age women started to want babies. I'm 23, with a man I love, and thinking a lot about it lately. Though, I have a long way to go in terms of school and financial security...

• KT
    Favorite Answer

I think I was groomed from an early age to want children. (Mormon patents) I can't think of a time in my life when I didn't want them!! Sometimes I question if my re-emerging baby fever has something to do with that, and if it's me that actually wants a third baby, or some hidden message that was beaten into my head..."bear children until you reach menopause!!"

Source(s): O.o
  • Spunky

I always swore up and down, I never wanted children.

Until I got married at 22. Suddenly, I had the worst baby fever ever.

I have actually had baby fever for a year now. I am 23.

I am just resisting until I am done with school, stable in my career, and my husband and I own our own home and have taken a decent size chunk out of our mortgage repayments.

Some days it is SO HARD and I just want to say screw it, let's have a baby! lol

I want to be able to pay for my kid's uni and the like though, so I wait. However impatiently. lol

I have come to the conclusion though, that most women around the age of 22, get baby fever, of some sort. We seem to be hard wired that way.

i've always known i wanted children.i also knew that i didn't want to have kids with the first man who looked at me too.i met my partner a month after i turned 22.2 months into the relationship,we had the talk about what we wanted from life - marriage and children being important to me.he wanted the same.we had talked about having a child.i was only a couple of months off a contraceptive pill that was known for having delayed fertility return.we started sort of trying,not really being bothered about whether it happened or not in a certain time frame.i found out i was 2 months pregnant close to our 6 month anniversary.we were 23 when our darling boy was born - he will be 4 in a couple of weeks,and we have been together 5 years

About 34.

I'm fifteen right now, and I've actually been excited to be a parent since I was about twelve. Of course, I wouldn't dream of actually having kids any time soon. I'm going to wait until I'm done with school and with a stable job and husband.

• Zuzu

42

Source(s): Life, the Universe and Everything...

I think it's different for each woman. There are some women who don't want children. Some early, some later if they do.

sorry, I read your question wrong...