Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceHome Schooling · 9 years ago

How do you convince your parents to let you go to boarding school?

I want to go to boarding school so badly, bur my parents say your not mature enough or say something like I'm not good enough to go. But I hate my family life and school life where I live now and I really want to leave.

How do I convince my parents to let me go to boarding school?

Favorite Answer

I think you should show them that you are a responsible person who is just not running away from petty issues of school and family. And let me tell you my friend you can not fool your parents so genuinely act responsibly. If they can afford your boarding expenditures then only thing that would be bugging them would be you and your future. So I would say face it manly and if you just want to experience the boarding life then pave your way smoothly.

Source(s): X
  • MrsM

My fiance was in boarding school, and he has some horror stories about it. It is also very expensive. Private schools are expensive, as well...but maybe there is a local one that is less costly? It's tough being school-aged....there is drama no matter where you go. Are you trying to escape problems? I know it's difficult, but if you can face what's going on, and make it through....you'll be a stronger person because of it, and get a taste of life. I don't mean to sound harsh, but the rough teen years are part of growing. Good luck, sweetie.

It's not a question of "let". Do your parents really have tens of thousands of dollars spare to spend on it per year?

Tell them you'll get a job to pay for it.