sara asked in Politics & GovernmentMilitary · 9 years ago

Dress Code For Females Attending USMC Birthday Ball?

So im Going with my Marine and i was wondering if a nice simple cocktail dress is appropriate? any examples are greatly appreciated!! thanks

• Arwen
    Favorite Answer

Typically the Marine Ball is a full-formal event. The dress should be below the knee, full length gowns are typical, easy on the cleavage. A bare back or excessive sparkles are frowned upon. No really high slits, either. The dress should be classic and conservative, not trendy or sexy.

Get your hair done in a formal updo.

A cocktail dress is generally considered a semi-formal style. Also, there is usually no corsage. It's not prom.

Source(s): This should be useful for more information - https://mymarinecorpsball.com/EtiquettePopUp.aspx
  • DrZ

The Marine Corps ball is formal.

You are there honoring your Marine and the Marine Corps.

My wife gave me a very simple answer to pass on.... Classy not trashy.

Semper Fi,

Z

• Mrsjvb

cocktail is too short.. mid calf or longer is more appropriate. Birthday Balls areFormal events.. long gowns and tuxes for civilians attending. the Marines will be in their dressiest uniforms.

Yes... that should be fine. I would make sure the dress is below the knee, and does not show too much cleavage. You must represent your date well, and looking classy is the best way to do that.

Do you always call him "your Marine?" Just wondering...