Why do people say American school is easy?

I moved from Ireland to the US and am in 9th grade and it is so much harder to get good grades.

Ireland:

A 100-85

B 84-70

C 69-55

D 55-40

F below 40

US (California)

A 90-100

B 80-89

C 70-79

D (considered an F) 60-69

F below 50

also I was in the highest math stream available in Ireland and here I am in the lowest. also here they have summer school and you get grades when you do homework. in ireland you only get grades based on your end of year tests. then we have the JC and the LC, two big tests with a break in the middle called transition year. in ireland also if you fail every class, nothing happens, here they will hold you back or make you do summer school. I also get a lot more homework here. My teachers in Ireland told me I was going to be in the biggest joke of an education system in the world, but it's so hard and Im going to end up failing many of my classes.

Favorite Answer

Our schools aren't easy. No one says that. What they do say, is that our educational system is broken. Also know that incalifornia we had the best education, but then we deliberately made several choices to ruin the funding for it. The reason why it is hard is because standards are being increased, while the quality and quantity of teaching is decreasing. That is the major reason it is hard.

I can't say anything about Ireland, but I know that here in California, things are tough a lot of the time, especially if you live in a place that gets no funding.