Brandon asked in SportsWrestling · 9 years ago

Why do i get nervous before fights?

Hi I'm 14 5"6 and 135 pounds. I have never been in a fight. I am very strong and buff for my age. I am the hardest hitter on my football team. This kid who is 5"9 is bugging the hell out of me and everyone says I could beat him up. I just get scared because I always think before fights that I'm gonna lose and everyone will make fun of me. This kid is tall but everyone says he is weak and a pussy. I can believe it too because I've seen him in football before and he sucks. I just don't know what to do. I might see the kid in 2 weeks at a high school football game and I don't wanna show up there and all the sudden hesitate and get my *** kicked? Don't forget though. I am the hardest hitter on my team and very strong. I have a 6 pack and pretty good arms. And when I play wrestle with my friends they all get serious then I end up wimning. I just need help? What can I do!!

• Favorite Answer

Its natural, i had to deal with a bunch of @ssholes when i was in school and i was the same way as you i knew i could kick there @sses but never through a punch and never knew why. Then i suddenly figured it out it wasn't that i was afraid to fight them its because i knew if fought them they would have got hurt badly and that could lead to all kinds of trouble. I'm sure its alot difficult now to fight back against @sshole's in this day and age because bullies become p*ssies and bring a gun to a fist fight because you got the best of him.

Fight? What for? Your pride? Its stupid. If you are so nervous then I guess you are not so high and mighty after all. Fighting is not just a phsycal battle, it is a mental battle as well. How much will it take to break you? How long can you stay focused? You never know the outcome of a fight. Never underestimate someone. They may be fast or have better mental capability. I would know. I have been in a similar situation. I underestimated and actually got seriously hurt. Don't let your ego get the better of you. "courage is not the absense of fear but the realization of something being more importent then that fear"

• MoX

I've never been in a fight before, because I have self restraint. Maybe you should learn some, instead of beating him up or losing, why don't you take your frustrations else where like the gym. Or you can learn insults to break him down mentally. Fighting isn't the answer pussy, you got alot of growing up to do

first of all never get involve in a fight ; just stay away from it , if the things didn't go your ways then u should try to explain that guy that fighting is not a solution to anything, if he is not understanding this and still do the same,then there is not any other solution just show your potential and power to him,size doesn't matter,the thing matter is power and braveness,be brave and beat his *** so hard that he can learn who u are and what u can do with those guys who immitiate u

but bro first try to explain him with some talking, if talking doesn't works just use your power

Source(s): me

Quit listening to your friends. They sound like a bunch of instigators and are trying to use you for some entertainment. Your nervousness is anticipatory anxiety and it occurs in everyone who is unsure of the outcome of something. So, the guy is a puss.Why even care what he has to say? Save your strength for sports and don't risk getting in trouble over some douche.

• All I can tell you is to suck it up confront him and let it all out. It is your decision however, and I could care less who wins and who lose. Just go with your gut that is what really will benefit you at that time.

It's normal. Go kick his butt!!