Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 9 years ago

Am I handling this the right way when trying to get him back?? Please help? Best answer 10 pts?

I've been trying to not talk to him for a while to make him miss me, but he still tries to talk to me and I don't want to ignore him..but I really want him to want me back. I miss him and love him more than anything in the world. He even asked me to marry him in the future. I already know he misses me and still loves me, he wants to give us another chance down the road. He cried over me the other night, and he never cries. He started seeing another girl a week after we broke up and they weren’t serious at all and broke up two weeks later. It hurt so bad that he was with her but I pushed him away when we were together & blamed him for everything. He doesn't want to get hurt by me again. I've really learned and changed how I act..he just needs proof before he comes back..I really don't know how to get him to want to come back to me soon..He wants another chance to be together forever in the future. These are two of the tweets he wrote about me, "Everyone can see that he's not just using that bullet to take his life, he's using it to take those memories of her away" and "If you love something, let it go. If it really loves you too, it will eventually come back"...and he posted a picture of himself on there and he looks so miserable. I've told him over and over how much I miss him, how bad I messed up, how much I love him, everything..

I also dated someone after he did, but it didn’t last long. And a couple days ago he said he still doesn’t know what he wants right now. I basically said I didn’t wanna talk for a few weeks, and even though he’s upset about it he said he’ll still love me. I apologized for how badly I treated him, but he hurt me really bad too. I told him I need time to straighten out my emotions about him. I also just really want him to see what it’s like not having me around for a while..I want him to want me back again, and I’m also working on myself. He said he didn’t think he’d ever get over me and that he’ll never stop loving me. He also needs a lot of time to think as well. Am I pushing him away by wanting some time of not talking to eachother?

You are doing awesome, Just stop talking, texting, contacting him all together. What you both need is some space from each other for at least a month to find out what you guys really want in a relationship. Even keeping anything that reminds him of you for this time period will help you. You really need to be happy with yourself before you can be happy with anyone else, and with time and space, you can do just that and figure out exactly what you want. Its never easy and is always hard, but you gotta be strong and remember that there is always a brighter day. Good luck and keep up the good work. Life has so many ups and downs, but its the climbing back up when your down that makes us stronger.

I've been in this situation ALOT. From a guys point of view, give it time. You need to show him you've changed and not tell him. Your actions speak louder than words. Maybe you two can hang out for a bit, just friends. And when you do, that's where you can show him your change. When you both ready, mainly him, that's when you two can consider getting back together. One of the worse things you can do, is rush things. Take it slow, and think before you do something.

Just like how you don't marry someone after a year together and then a divorce happens 1 or 2 years later. Go figure.

Easy does it. Take things slow. And let things comes together on their own...80% of the time lol

There's my 2 cents.

I think that you two taking a break and not talking for a little while so that you can straighten out your feelings is probably the best thing you can do right now. Even though it's hard as hell not to answer his texts and everything you both need to figure out what you really want and whether that's each other or not. Good luck girlie!!!

to be honest you are pushing him away. i am a guy and a girl who I am in love with is doing this to me right now and yah I do miss her and want her back more than anything but to hurt me this bad by breaking contact with me for almost a month is the most painful thing I have ever dealt with. Dont push him away if you want him back. If you really wanna make him miss you then just dont see face to face for a while but to break contact will only break his heart

Since you have ignored him then don't keep with it no more...! It's hurting him bad. He must be really upset and angry but feeling his loss. So all you have to do is say ahahahha lets be friends again on text..!

If i was you i would talk to him right away and tell him how you feel tell him you love him and want to work things out and willing to work on your relationship but if you don't do it right away may be to late so hurry and you may not want to hear this but if he does not want to work things out you may have to move on and time will heal. good luck to you. Flies over and poops on your head back to his tree. HOOT! HOOT!

Source(s): Wise Old Owl