Had my first date ever and haven't heard from the guy.?

So, I am 31 and had my first date ever. I'm female by the way and have spent pretty much all of my 20's in school so it wasn't really a priority. Now that my schooling is finished I have joined the dating world. I went on a dating site and found I guy I liked. We chatted online then on the phone. We had a date, he was kind of awkward but cute. We talked about hitting up a new restaurant in town, and everything seemed promising. I sent him a follow up email that night saying I had a good time and looked forward to seeing him again. I haven't heard anything since. I feel like a dating failure! I would eventually like to have a relationship with someone, but this whole dating thing seems a little too dramatic for me! What should I do? I'm going to text him tomorrow and wish him a good weekend. If doesn't respond, I figure he's not interested. Will I have to deal with all of this in order to actually find a life partner? It seems so painful!

Favorite Answer

Please don't listen to the first answer. He could be really busy and still thinking about you. People you date don't have to call all the time. If he asks you to be his girlfriend then I would be concerned, but the very first date, it don't always happen like that. Even though he doesn't call or email it doesn't totally throw it away. If your concerned, email him and ask how he is doing since yall's date. Just be calm and patient. Trust me, I use to feel this way, but now, I'm married and I have a forever, just like you will. Just look at it this way, if he doesn't respond to you, just consider it wasn't meant to be, and that you have somebody else waiting on you!! There is always somebody out there that feels the exact same way you do and you just got to find him. I hope that he contacts you!! I feel your pain. It hurts, but its not the end of the world. Trust me, when it's meant to be, it will happen!! Good Luck Hun!! I hope you get your wish!! :)

Source(s): Personal Experience :)
  • I understand what you feel, and yes

Try texting him tomorrow and if he doesnt reply.

We know what it means,. after that , move on.

We cant force anyone to like us right?

Atleast he is not leading you on,

i know its painful, but if ever, its great

that you knew it earlier.. Goodluck!

It means he is not interested.