Natasha asked in PetsDogs · 9 years ago

Why does my girl dog hump my boy dog?

It may sound like a joke, but it all seriousness why?

My boy dog is kinda gay, as in at the local dog park he just sits there and takes it from other boy dogs or he will find a boy dog to hump.

also my girl dog never lets him hump her. She is a ***** (lol) and will bite him if he tries.

But then randomly for no apparent reason, she decides it is necessary to hump him.

Favorite Answer

She does this to declare dominance over him. All dogs do this they do not do it for pleasure or the heck of it. Dolphins and humans are the only species who have sex for pleasure. Dogs will hump any gender for dominance. Hope this helps :)

Source(s): Works with dogs

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Why does my girl dog hump my boy dog?

But...

Source(s): girl dog hump boy dog: https://shortly.im/A5qFA

Yeah, it's weird. But I know it's perfectly normal. Not necessarily to be encouraged, but normal. I have a girl dog (spayed) and when she was younger she would always go around trying to hump everyone's leg. She was rarely around any other dogs, though. We asked the vet about it once, he said it was a really common thing but never explained why.

• Dagmar

Not sure your dog is gay, I assume he is submissive. Dominant dogs hump and if they see a submissive dog they hump that dog, no matter what gender.

Dagmar

www.freehomemadedogfoodrecipes.com

I think a good idea is to desex your dogs. This means that they won't be able to have children anymore and won't hump other dogs. Just take them to the vet and they'll do it for you. It might sound cruel but a lot of people do it, however it's up to you.

Humping no matter what gender is a dominance behavior.

She is confused, LOL

Some females will do that, if the male persists to ignore her, they usually stop...

Good luck

And your boy dog may not be gay, he may just be passive and does not like girl dogs......humping a male dog does not mean he is gay at all....just really needs to be put with a female in heat one time, he should turn around then, if not......

Then he may have male issues...

females usually do that just because they get over excited and they want it themselves, and maybe she dont want your other dog, and all male dogs hump other male dogs, ever male dog i have ever had (which is a lot) have all humped other male dogs.

Source(s): I have dogs

She wants to be the man

Why are you watching them?