How to ask a guy out over text?

There is this guy and we've both been showing interest in eachother. I really want to ask if he would want to go see a movie with me. I want it to be just the two of us. I'd like to ask him, but I'm WAY to scared to. For real. I think he likes me, maybe, he usually texts me first but how should I go about this? He's a year older, and were GREAT friends. I want to try to ask him out, because, I want to have a chance with him. I like him A LOT:)

I would ask him in person, but i don't get to ever see him in person, we go to different schools. We met back in middle school.

Favorite Answer

Thats really good that you guys have been showing interest in eachother. :) Im sure that he will see a movie with you. Life is too short to be scaired. Life is all about taking risks =) Go for it, show him what you want. Be confident but not TOO confident. Tell him hey, i was wondering what you were doing this weekend or tonight, and if he is free go for it, ask him, " I was wondering if you would like to see a movie with me?" if he goes yes your in, id wait a few months and ask him if he likes you, so that way there wouldnt be any awkwardness between you guys. I hope you guys have fun! Enjoy the movie. !

Source(s): common sense. and a friend. :)

Hey!

First of all, Congrats on finding a nice guy! I hope he is a keeper. Well texting is not the best way to ask someone out, but today in this day and age most people refuse to contact by phone using voice. Anyways, you should just ask him out straight up. Be like "how would you like to chill sometime and go see a movie?" Chances are, he will be pumped if he likes you back, and thinks he scored big. It will boost his confidence level and he will think he gots the moves/skills. Not a bad thing at all, because after all having the courage to ask someone out is the hardest part. A lot of guys over think it and would like to ask a girl out, but don't and eventually its too late and they blew there chance. Its because they fear rejection. But really rejection isn't bad, like what is the worst one can really say? "No." And if you text him, it might be a good thing, cuz he may like you but will never ask you out. Dont be afraid to ask anyone out because a lot of guys admire a girl with confidence. Remember you miss 100% of the shots you don't take!

Casually bring up a plan to hang out with him. He might also be very nervous. Personally, as a guy, I would prefer for the girl to encourage me to make the move, and I might feel weird if she tried to ask me out. Not all guys are like that though. You should keep hanging out with him, teasing him as such about silly things, build up that attraction for each other. It's bound to happen eventually, good luck, have fun, I hope he asks you out. :)

Texting a invite would be dumb. Do it in person

just ask any teenager -- they know how to text.

DO IT IN PERSON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!