Are there any good reasons to go to church for an Agnostic/Atheist?

The Agnostic/Atheist in question is not looking for God, he is "forced" by circumstances to go to church and is wondering what he can gain from it?

Thanks

17 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Any church that makes people go against their will (except young children perhaps) is not good.

What would they say if he/she wanted to go to another church instead?

Would they judge these others as sinners?

Most churches aren't Christian in the trus sense anyway, Jesus only set up one church!

He warns of harlots.

• 9 years ago

NOOOOOOOO!!! Atheist DO NOT believe in "god". Agnostics don't know if they do. If you don't want to go to church then don't if your parents are forcing you tell them they are violating your freedom of choice. If you go religious people will think your mocking them

I am an Atheist who had a similar problem

I too went for some laughs

• 9 years ago

You could gain a good laugh and maybe meet some hot hookups.

But he will mainly gain the personality trait of sacrifice and patience. Having to put up with something you know is complete bull.

• 9 years ago

To watch the behavior of pastors and listens to their claims, then test those claims to see how accurate they are.

For someone like me, cultural reference for creative writing is a very worthy purpose for research.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • mcclam
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

I truly were to at least one... and that they had kosher organic and organic vegan foodstuff There after the provider! yet as far as Christian branches and churches pass although Quaker conferences are rather thrilling + appropriate.

• 9 years ago

You are probably going because someone you love wants you to. In that case you aren't being forced. Just do it because you love them and just want to spend time with them.

• 9 years ago

You learn tolerance. You learn that it's not always all about you.

-Agnostic/Atheist

• kim
    Lv 7
    9 years ago

Grace! Open your heart to Jesus and believe! He has come already for you and is waiting for you to come to him! Listen to Matt Mahers song, Remembrance!

• Cindi
    Lv 5
    9 years ago

Yes... There are many groups that you can join to help you confirm that you don't believe.

*which is kinda funny when you consider atheism.

• 9 years ago

You have to think of this, God may be looking for you! Not trying to freak you, just saying.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.