What did Parents tell you, when they gave you "THE talk"?

Hi

I am going as THE talk for Halloween and wanted to post different stories on my costume, of how parents approached their kids to explain sex and love.

Do you have awkward experiences, good ones, or funny ones?

Thanks for sharing

there was no talk. there was the somewhat on going commentary about that subject in general and the refrain of if you get pregnant we will kick you out. as i had elder siblings i was likely of the few 1st graders with a working knowledge of condoms and the basics of it all. i knew the facts so young i don't actually remember learning them. though i do remember thinking it all sounded unpleasant. really when you think about just the facts and put no emotion to it, it kinda sounds strange. and as a young girl looking at your stuff it doesn't seem physically possible. you then maybe do the i'll show you mine if you show me yours and it gets even more confusing. then you are pretty sure that it isn't possible and your parents are lying. but the teenage years come and more functional knowledge follows and it is understood that they were not lying, about anything. they never did kick us out but we also were very careful about such things and never pressed the issue. the other often said advice of not having sex with someone you can't see being in your life for the rest of it has you rethinking most teenage relationships. they were of course referring to getting pregnant again and having that very real living connection to another person though a child. i sometimes think they were more concerned with pregnancy than stds which frankly i was more cautious about. babies are somewhat easier to deal with than a life long illness that can possibly kill you.

Lol I had access to the internet. That and I read heaps, so I just borrowed stuff from the library too. Not a big deal. Rents never mentioned it, they didnt need to (I'm 15)

my mom gave me a book called "The period Book" I was like 10 and hadn't heard anything about that before. I thought it was going to be a grammar book. My parents never actually set me down. They would answer any questions but we never made a whole discussion about it. Sometimes I would try to make things awkward... In our 7th grade science book there was a bit on masturbation and it said to ask your parents about their views on it and I did just that just to see how my mom would react- she laughed and told me she couldn't believe I was asking that, told me her views and told me not to ask my father cuz it would really embaress him.

This happened like 3 years ago lol.

Mom: Honey come sit down please, I want to talk to you about something.

Me: Sure mom. What is it?

Mom: Well we are going to talk about sex.

Me: Mom we talked about this in school already.

Mom: What!? But you are so young.

Me: Mom I'm 16.

Dad: *calling out for me* Andrew come here.

Me: Sup' dad.

Dad: Son, I want to tell you something about *awkward stare* sex...

Me: Okay, shoot.

Dad: Do you know about it yet?

Me: Dad I am your son what do you think.

Dad: That a boy! Now let's go get some ice cream.

Me: Alright *Bro fist*

Me: Mum, how are babies born (I was 8 I had absolutely no idea)

Mum: ummmmmmmmmmmmm *runs from room*

(I can hear her talking to me dad)

Mum: OK... well do you know what a penis is?... (it went like that)

She then gave me a book called puberty girl and she hasn't talked about it since

My mom just gave me a whole bunch of books to read on it.

Yeah... She hates those awkward situations as much as I do.

My parents never talked to me about it. I already knew. And I make perverted jokes infront of them all the time >.<

My parents have never told me about sex. Figured it out on my own.

• My parents told me, Never get a batman costume, then wrap a belt round your neck and choke yourself while masturbating IT DOES NOT INCREASE ORGASMS

mum : i think its time we had a talk

me: about what ?

mum : do you know what s** is ?

me:umm nooo ( i did )

mum: well its when to adults start to kiss eachother....

me: *runs out of room*