Game Designer QUESTION?

I am in college going to become a game designer. Now i have great idea's about the games im going to make, Now here's the question... When i get into the game industry i decided to work with a team , But my job is GAME DESIGNER!!!!. So do i have to do all the programming by myself? Or does the programmers that are in my team has to do it ? PLZ ANSWER!!

Favorite Answer

When working in a team each person has their specific job(s) to do. Game designer is what all of your team is, but you must decide weather you should code, design graphics, make story etc.

Before you even consider a career in game design, you should work on basic grammar and punctuation. I say this for your own benefit, as proper English can mean the difference between getting a job or begging on the street corner.

That being said, I would not recommend this field to anyone. It is simpy too overcrowded. In the early 90s, I would have said go for it. Now I cannot recommend it. Change your major while you have a chance.

The game designer's job is to designe the game (eg:Charactersworldd,background...etc), and programming goes for programming team that had studied programming.

Pick another profession, like maybe something you actually know something about.