Is it normal to have your kids run around naked?

Either I'm missing something or is it weird to allow your children to run around with no underwear on or just in diapers with ppl around? Or do you just accept it being busy parents?

• 4Red
    Favorite Answer

Depends on where they are running around naked. Mine always ran around the house naked and sometimes in our yard but the nearest house is 1/2 mile away. If we had company, I would make them put something on unless it was one of my closest friends or my mother.

I don't care to see any children out in public with just underwear or a diaper. That's just tacky.

Actually for toddlers it is normal for them to want to run around naked, they don't have the insecurities that adults have and they were born naked so to them they could care less. When people are around though there should be atleast a diaper on them. I have no problem with toddlers running around in diapers we do it all the time especially in the summer when it gets to be almost 100 most days. Its more about a comfort thing and its not like they are doing it for the same reasons adults would. Its not about parents being to busy to dress their kids its a choice that we parents make and its our right to choose. Heck I have a 2 year old that is capable of stripping himself and I find him running around naked all the time and have to catch him to get him dressed. By the time they get to schoolage they stop wanting to do it when others are around.

• KT

When we're in the house, I let the boys go around in diapers. I'm not in a commercial, and everything doesn't have to look "perfect". If I were concerned about perfection, my laundry pile would be through the roof; it's easier to wash dirt off of little tummies than to change outfits thirty times a day! Of course in public they're clothed.

With just a diaper thats completely normal, nothing on is still pretty normal, id let my kids do that, but i guess everyone has a different view on it.. :S maybe if the people who are around are more formal, then throw a diaper on the kid..but if there chill they shouldnt have a problem with it.

• Zuzu

If it's a hot summer day, I don't know why being in just diapers would be a problem. I'm sure on rare ocassions, my daughter hung out in just diapers - but not often, I never found it that difficult to toss on a pair of shorts over her diapers. On really hot days, when in the yard by her toddler pool, I have no issue with my daughter being naked (she's under four years old.) In general, however, my daughter doesn't hang out naked. If she's just getting out of the bath and her auntie is here.. no problem.. she can run to her room naked before getting her PJs on. But if we had company over, generally, I'd carry her in in a towel and get her dressed for bed.

I wouldn't necessarily have a problem with my daughter being naked around the house sometimes, BUT when she doesn't have underwear on, she has a propensity to potty wherever she is. Not on the floor... but she'd run outside and potty in the grass. I'm not cool with that, so I keep her in underwear and she uses the toilet. When she was two, one of her little boyfriends was over hanging out by the pool and he just squat down and pooped right by the pool. If you think your kid is going to do THAT, for God sake put them in diapers or something.

We do have playdates with other kids and when we're at their house, their parents sometimes let their child run naked. I completely don't understand this. Especially boys. I don't know... maybe they'd get it more if they were a parent of a girl. There's something really disturbing to me about my daughter playing with a little boy who spends half his time holding his penis and then touching the toys/food/anything. Okay.. if he's going to run naked, fine.. but if he's going to be grabbing his bits all the time, be prepared to wash his hands OFTEN because there's a reason there are health codes around that stuff in food service, etc. Mom's of boys seem to not notice this. I tend to stop having playdates at those folk's homes and continue them at more public spaces where they're not as inclined to take their clothes off.

I'm not prudish around my girl being naked and I certainly don't want her to feel ashamed of her body or being naked - but I don't understand the point of not having clothes on if there are people around, unless you're at the pool or it's a really particularly hot day and you're in the yard with the hose on, etc. I don't see the problem with just diapers, however - especially if it's hot.

• Sosumi

In our home, sure. We've had triple digit temps every day for the last 4 months, so my 2 toddlers live in their birthday suits. If I have company over that aren't very close family members or if we are out of the home, the boys have to but on an outfit.

• melita

My 9 12 months historical loves Avatar The final Airbender on Nickelodeon; the main extreme, Meerkat Manor, and the growing to be Up sequence on Animal Planet; X-Play and attack of the practice and Ninja Warrior on G4; MXC maximum extreme removal undertaking on Spike television; Southpark on Comedy substantial; and family guy on FOX. Me, the hubby and my 2 boys (sixteen and 9) watch those shows at the same time.

my 3 boys still run around naked unless friends are over but they rather be naked when then they can be

Weird

• ΛLΣX

how old are they? if there about 2 that would be normal, but when they turn 4 thats when i would stop letting them do that.and especially when they hit 5 and they are going to school, then being naked in the house is a definite no no.