Buying from American seller on eBay need help working out payment?

Well i have started to collect copics pens. And on eBay, the sketch ones from America are a lot cheaper. This for example: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/COPIC-DOUBLE-ENDED-SKETC...

But my mum said you have to pay tax when it comes to the uk. Is there anyway of working this out? Like how much tax you'll have to pay. She bought this gold necklace for my sister and the tax was £30. I don't really wanna be paying that plus p&p..

Sorry if it doesnt make sense its 5.30am here >,>

Thank you!

Favorite Answer

Most countries don't charge duties on used merchandise that is under a certain amount, usually about £20. I dunno, maybe it's not worth doing the paper work? I would ask the seller if he would be willing to mark the item under value? I usually do that and it seems to work out fine.

• tro

the gold necklace was probably taxed due to its nature, these pens probably do not have a tax on them but this is probably some kind of import tax at your location