should I buy ski boots without trying them on?

I found some Salomon Verse 4.0 ski boots on ebay that I am thinking about buying. The Salomon mondo chart says that mondo 29 is equivalent to an 11.5 shoe size, which is what I wear. Would it be ok to buy them online without trying them on?

Favorite Answer

I am also a size 11.5 EE, but I wear a 28.5 ski boot.

I have a terrible time getting ski boots to fit. My forefoot is wide, but my ankle is narrow. I have funny bones sticking out on top and inside of my foot. I had boots custom fitted in January and I've been back to the boot fitter three times to get them adjusted.

The fit of your ski boot is far too important to buy online. I have bought several pairs of skis online, but I would never buy boots that way.

boots don't always run the correct size. The best thing to do would be to go to a boot store and get fitted to find your correct size then go online to find the best price. I am an 11.5 shoe size as well and def do not ski a 29 I ski a 28. The problem with boots is that the boot liners pack out making them bigger than they really are.

Source(s): experience

Unless you can go to a store and try on the exact same pair before you order, then NO. Never buy boots without trying them on first. Furthermore, if you are an 11.5 US, then you need a 29.5 Mondo, not a 29.

No. Never.