Is it safe have a space heater and a humidifier on in the same room?

The space heater is making the air dry so the humidifier is nessecery. Is it safe?

Favorite Answer

It is okay. Like another person said do not overload one particular circuit.

Remember those old houses that had the toaster, coffee maker and microwave all hooked up to the same circuit? Every morning they would either blow a fuse or trip a circuit breaker. You do not want to do that. If you see that happening change outlets until the two units are on different circuits.

I hope you can breathe and stay warm at the same time.

• faulds

Heater With Humidifier

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Source(s): safe space heater humidifier room: https://shortly.im/UBwop

Depends on the kind of heater. You'd probably do better and feel better to layer the kids up, hats included if needed, bundle the blankets on their beds and hunker down. Either that or you can all camp in one room together - share a large bed to share body heat - and wrap up. If you DO opt for a space heated, make sure it's fully enclosed, it's in the center of the room and away from curtains and other materials, and just put it on very low. If you close the door, very low will warm the room enough to take the chill off but if for some reason the child gets out of bed and touches it he/she won't be burned. I have a little oil heater that I rest my feet (and cup of coffee or tea) on and can touch comfortably when on low. But if I'm going to bed I do turn it off.

• Joe

As long as you don't overload the circuit, it's safe. Most humidifiers don't draw a lot of power, so this is rarely a worry.