lemons
lemons asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 9 years ago

Is Laissez-Faire Capitalism more right wing than Classical Conservatism?

Apparently my last question wasn't specific enough.

Favorite Answer

yes its far right wing like fascism

Laissez-Faire just means free enterprise. It is the farthest conservative you can get, and a true capitalistic society reigns supreme. Sadly, it is nearly impossible to get to true capitalism without a little regulation (monopolies, etc), however as you can see with the American economy too much regulation can startle growth.

An example of the growth through capitalism is China. China was not even close to being an economic superpower when they were a full communist society, since they have freed up their markets a bit, the growth has skyrocketed. Although they haven't freed it up enough to get too much further as far as I see it.

Its the same thing. In order for it to work you need to root out corruption. If you don't it can get lopsided. It does work far better than Keynesian. The problem is that people start to ask for so many socialist programs that Governments become corrupted.

I am not just talking about the people on the bottom. The people on the top ask for socialism too.

They're pretty similar in their origins so I'd say they'd be pretty close. It really depends how conservative or capitalist you are though. Eg The Ayatollah of Iran's radical conservatism is probably more right wing then Obama's moderate capitalism.

yes right wing