Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingPregnancy · 9 years ago

I'm "still pregnant" what exactly does that mean..?

I had some awful cramping a couple nights ago and since then my nausea/sore boobs have disappeared... i never bled, but went to Womens Reproductive Health Center for an ultrasound and asked if they were able to tel if I've miscarried and after a short pause she said "we can tell you if you are still pregnant or not." I just said Okay and had the ultrasound done and she told me "you are still pregnant." and that was it. ..could i be carrying a dead baby?? I'm so confused..

3 Answers

Relevance
  • Favorite Answer

I would assume if the baby had died they would have told you to prepare for the miscarriage or for a D&C. By telling you that you are still pregnant, I think it is safe to assume that the baby is fine and still growing.

Make another appointment to go back in a couple of weeks to make sure everything is ok but a loss of pregnancy symptoms is by no means anything to overly worry about.

Good luck.

• 9 years ago

Still pregnant means they saw the baby's heart beating. It is not dead.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

did u know you were pregnant? if you didnt they probably thought you did. did you hear a heart beat or anything? you should have asked questions. more than likely there is nothing wrong if they didnt tell you anything

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.