idler pully sounds like cricket?

I hear a cricket sound from under the hood of my Plymouth voyager 98. DO you think its the idler pulley

Belts less then a year old.

Favorite Answer

are u sure its coming form there? sounds like its the belt. dont spry wd 40 the rubber will expand and kinda melt and oil is very bad for some rubbers and plastics google it. just look at the belt if it looks worn (glossy then that means its been slipping) out and has a lot of cracks change it ask at napa to look at it they will help you for free. also it does seem like its the pully they dont last long any way. maybe 80,000 or so. whats with the ****** fix it with the spray just change it for 24$ but i dont think its the belt its the pully.

make sure its not something else.

Source(s): 5 year auto tech.
  • rugrat

You can use some belt dressing on it and that usually helps. It's sticky which helps the belt grip. Works on my Honda.

no i don't think it is try spraying some wd-40 on the belt WHILE the engine is running if it stops it is just the belt slipping

Source(s): my '95 suburban did the same thing