Could you handle the risk of quitting your job and starting your own business?

Favorite Answer

I would not do it. I would get the business up and running on my days off, and as a part-time job after work. And then quit the job once it got to be too much to handle, or ask to back-off to part time. and continue to cut back on the job as the business builds. Unless, of course, your cash savings position is such that you can survive without the job for at least six months assuming it takes that long to get your FIRST customer.

One of the biggest causes of new business failure is not having enough cash on hand to make it until your business catches on. .

Not in the anti-start-up business climate that the US currently has. Maybe if the government got out of the economy and stopped preventing start-ups from competing with large corporations, but the special interest lobbyists and their political puppets would never allow that.

You mean as opposed to putting your future in the hands of the federal government ? That's way more risky.

• In today's regulatory and tax environment, no way. That's suicidal.

NO, not now!!

:-)

\\//