do insurance companies prefer settling a case or going to court?

i been waiting to settle my workers comp case.but so far its been 3 weeks and don't know whats happening don't know if there just making me wait longer ..what is the thing that they prefer whats the difference between heading to court or settling out of court whats the huge difference thanks.

Update:

first offer was for 62,000 my attorney told them shove it :)

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

90% of the cases are settled.

• 9 years ago

Workmen's Comp cases always take long. They take their time so it seems. But in any event they will probably settle, as going to court is too expensive especially if you have an attorney and even if you don't they usually always pay up unless your claim is high or if they think you're lying about the injury.

• 9 years ago

Court costs a lot of money, so whichever works out cheaper for them (if the case is expensive they might go to court because a rich insurance company vs a poor person who can't afford a lawyer is usually no contest)

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

It really depends. They will probably offer a very low settlement amount first. If you ask for more, they will have to decide if the extra money justifies the risk and hassle of going to court.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 9 years ago

Type

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

case, court gets to be expensive

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.