Do Mormons believe that after they die, they will be a God of their own planet in the Universe?

I remember a Mormon telling me something like this about 20 years ago. Is this actually true that they believe this??

15 Answers

Relevance
  • Nous
    Lv 7
    9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Sadly yes!

Do Christians have to wear silly underwear to go to church?

Do Christians have to avoid various foods and drinks?

Do Christians have to prove they are fervent believers before they are allowed into church?

Do Christians have to ban anyone from entering church that is not totally committed?

Do Christians act as if their religion is some sort of secret society by banning non members from their churches?

Do Christians believe they will become gods?

Compare the bible and christian beliefs with the mormon book and beliefs and it is as plain as day that mormons only claim to be christian because they are afraid to stand up as an entirely separate religion!

• bae
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

Mormons don't think "whilst they die they exchange right into a god and have their very own planet having countless intercourse with their goddess spouse etc..." And the only place I easily have ever seen such printed is in anti-Mormon propoganda. Thomas S. Monson at the instant counciled youthful LDS adult males to get married. He did no longer council them to hurry it or to marry in basic terms every person or to accomplish that without delay. His council has lots extra to do with the will for good husbands and fathers and righteous families then with any idiotic theory that we get our very own planet as quickly as we die. President Monson's cutting-edge council additionally isn't lots diverse from the council given by using previous presidents of the church and that i've got confidence at one factor over the final convention Brigham youthful exchange into quoted in the comparable context that youthful adult males might desire to get married.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

The most faithful Mormons will attain the highest level of Celestial glory when they die. When this happens they will receive "all that the Father hath" which includes powers of creation and all the powers God has.

Source(s): Former Mormon.
  • Elsie
    Lv 6
    9 years ago

Of our own planet? No, that isn't part of our doctrine. As some of the ex-Mormon regulars has quoted, we do believe that those who receive eternal exaltation will become gods. This is a very Biblical teaching and I wonder why other religions ignore this teaching and why they want us to deny what is written in the Bible?

We are children of God:

“All of you are children of the most High.” (Ps. 82:6.)

And: “We are the offspring of God.” (Acts 17:29.)

Why wouldn't we inherit what our father has? It's quite logical to think that our Father (God) would want us to become like Him, probably the reason for these scriptures:

“Is it not written in your law, I said, Ye are gods? (See Ps. 82:6)

“If he called them gods, unto whom the word of God came, and the scripture cannot be broken;

Say ye of him, whom the Father hath sanctified, and sent into the world, Thou blasphemest; because I said, I am the Son of God?” (John 10:34–36)

“For though there be that are called gods, whether in heaven or in earth, (as there be gods many, and lords many), But to us there is but one God, the Father.” (1 Cor. 8:5–6.)

We don't know what the scriptures that teach "ye will be gods" actually means so most of us active members might speculate about it, but we shouldn't tell people that our speculations are LDS doctrine.

Your friend was giving their own opinion, not quoting LDS doctrine when they told you that we believe we will be gods of our own planets.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 9 years ago

Yes, but not just one planet. We believe we will have the opportunity to create worlds without number populated with trillions of our spirit children.

Source(s): Lifelong LDS who has read all of D&C 132
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago

Nope. They do not believe they will be a god. It is divided in to telestial, terrestial, and celestial kingdoms depending on how you live your life.

Jenny cortez you just made a few ignorant generalizations. Being Mormon does not mean wealthy and educated...that has nothing to do with religion.

Source(s): Me, a mormon
  • 9 years ago

Yes, they believe in exaltation. Here is there lesson plan for that:

http://lds.org/ldsorg/v/index.jsp?hideNav=1&locale...

Doctrine and Covenants 132:20,21:

"Then shall they be gods, because they have no end: therefore shall they be from everlasting to everlasting, because they continue; then shall they be above all, because all things are subject unto them. Then shall they be gods, because they have all power, and the angels are subject unto them.

"Verily, verily I say unto you, except ye abide my law ye cannot attain to this glory."

As for a planet, most of their leaders have said so, and none have come out and denied it. That technically makes it doctrinal according to their own rules. Contradicting a leader is heresy.

President Spencer W. Kimball said in a general priesthood meeting, for example:

“Brethren, 225,000 of you are here tonight. I suppose 225,000 of you may become gods. There seems to be plenty of space out there in the universe. And the Lord has proved that he knows how to do it. I think he could make, or probably have us help make, worlds for all of us, for every one of us 225,000.

“Just think of the possibilities, the potential. Every little boy that has just been born becomes an heir to this glorious, glorious program. When he is grown, he meets a lovely woman; they are married in the holy temple. They live all the commandments of the Lord. They keep themselves clean. And then they become sons of God, and they go forward with their great program—they go beyond the angels, beyond the angels and the gods that are waiting there. They go to their exaltation.” (In Conference Report, Oct. 1975, p. 120; or Ensign, Nov. 1975, p. 80

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

Only if they are very, very, VERY good boys and eat all their veggies and make nice with multiple women. The USS Enterprise then travels around visiting all their planets on a yearly rotating basis with supplies and such. No condoms allowed.

• 9 years ago

Yes, it is very true.

Some Mormons will deny it, but is a central part of their doctrine.

Here is the lesson in their study manuals that they use to teach about what they call exaltation, or becoming gods.

http://lds.org/manual/gospel-principles/chapter-47...

• 9 years ago

Not quite. We die just like everyone, are resurrected like everyone. if we live righteously in this life we have the chance to progress till we inherit jointly with Jesus Christ all that he has.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.