Nala asked in Arts & HumanitiesPhilosophy · 9 years ago

does money = happiness? Does it contribute to happiness?

everyone tells me that money doesnt make you happy, but i think it depends on the person. i would rather be depressed sitting in a mansion than a 1 room apartment. i dont think money can make you "happy" but i think it makes things easier. someone explain your thoughts.

Favorite Answer

yes money have the great power to make everything possible and happy....but it doesn't mean it can give all the happiness...it has the power up to an extend..:)

Money can't buy happiness. But it sure makes misery easier to live with and somehow it's more comfortable to cry in a Porsche than in a Hyundai. All I ask is a chance to prove money can't make me happy. All that is tongue-in-cheek of course. What money buys is temporary. I'd rather have the assurance that I'm going to Heaven when I die ... that makes me happy!

money smooths out the wheels that turn the world but it doesn't stop the bumps or downsides from coming nor does it make the high points higher.

money can make you have the ability to think past basic survival. if you are still battling out basic survival you don't care if you are happy or not.

"money=happiness" shouldn't be right. we are happy when we're successful and we feel success when we're happy. but sad to say, other people tend to measure our success with how much we earn or how much we've achieved and accumulated. thus, we unwittingly equate happiness with money. i just hope that one day, everyone will realize that our happiness doesn't rely on what we have (materials) but on who we are (character).

No money doesn't buy you happiness hut it does help

money represents possibilities.. which is an exciting concept.