Bethy
Lv 7
Bethy asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 9 years ago

Why does the Colbert Report and the Daily show do worse in the ratings then the following shows?

Mythbusters

Ghost Hunters

REAL WORLD XXVI

RESTAURANT IMPOSSIBLE

Operation Repo

They are constantly talked about by the left, clips are shown of these shows, and they are supposedly relevant but really 1.4 million for the daily show and less then a million for the colbert report?

15 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

People are growing tired of the same old "It's all Bush's fault" rants, and the constant character assassination of people they disagree with.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

In part, scheduling. But mostly, because there are a lot more idiots and children than the sort of people who can understand and appreciate John Stewart's and Steven Colbert's humor.

• Mythbusters is pretty interesting. Plus those shows are all on before 11pm.

• 9 years ago

Mythbusters is a fun show, but the other 4 suck. I don't know why anybody would watch them.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 9 years ago

The listed shows are on during primetime?

Daily & Colbert are late night programing.

Apples & Oranges.

• Greg
    Lv 7
    9 years ago

They are totally different types of shows.

• 9 years ago

Last time I checked you usually have lower ratings when less people watch your show.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

Because most Americans revel in ignorance like a pig in...*Ahem* Simply put: They don't give a fawk about whats going on around them unless its on their front porch or in their backyards. Only then will some attempt to take notice.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

Pandering to the lowest common denominator (i.e., the feeble-minded) = Higher ratings

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

Mythbusters actually educate their audience, the daily show and colbert report only indoctrinate sheep.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.