ULISES asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 9 years ago

Is my way to lose weight right?

So i always wanted to lose weight and get on a diet and do all that stuff people do. I'm 6 feet tall and weight 220, and i'm 19 years old. I wear pants size 40, so yes, i needed this, anywho,

i started this new job in the cleaners, it get really hot so i sweat a lot, and i do pick up and delivery so i have to walk alot,

i'm living with my uncle until i save up enough to pay for a room. I eat a small breakfast, no lunch, a big dinner.

I only been drinking water to not spend money and it's the only thing i can drink at my uncles house. Once i get my own room, and spend my money a bit, what should i do? eat the way i been doing or change or something??? i'm gonna pay for a gym membership soon after the room.

• Favorite Answer

Good job on getting started with losing weight. It will change your life, confidence and health for the better! Remember to make this a lifestyle change, and not a "diet"! C:

Definitely no skipping meals when you're trying to lose weight. It's best to eat 3 small meals, and 2 healthy snacks. When you eat, your metabolism starts running, and after a few hours of not eating, it stops, so the more often you eat, the more often your metabolism is running and burning calories. If it's not possible to do so, that's OK, too, but don't skip a meal! Also, there's a saying that goes "Eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince, and dinner like a peasant", which basically means - big breakfast, medium lunch, small dinner. You have that in reverse. It's best to eat most of your calories first thing in the morning so you burn them all off during the day, and so you have a lot of energy to use through the day.

Make sure that you're not eating fast/junk food, and that your diet is rich in vegetables, fruits, and proteins. And, make sure you're drinking at least 8 glasses of water.

Use that gym membership, for at least 45 minutes, 4 - 6 days a week. If you do a ton of cardio, a long with your job, you're well on your way to losing weight! :D

Good luck!

Your job is a great way to contribute to a better life by moving around to lose weight. Drinking water is also a great way, don't waste your calories on drinks is what I think haha. What I do is eat a healthy breakfast but only if you do feel hungry, that is the main thing is to eat when you are actually hungry not just when it's meal time, and eat smaller portions of healthy foods not just 2 big gaps kinda thing. Once you start going to the gym and eating right, you'll feel even more motivated to keep it ip and you'll definitley start losing weight although you are tall so i'm sure you are beautiful the wayyy you are. But i understand, you'll feel so much better! R

• Kids K

You are on the right track (drinking water and joining the gym)

As far as eating though - change things up a bit. Have a big BREAKFAST, small lunch and no dinner. Even with the same amount of food - you will lose this way.

Why? Because when you go to bed you body pretty much puts away that dinner into "storage" in form of fat. however if you had big breakfast - it would have a chance to work off all of that "fuel" that you ate.

Good luck!

Stand up and walk atleast 5 mins after evry 2 hours while working

wear comfortable clothes during exercise so you can feel good also you can do more

people who eat breakfast have a better shot at losing and maintaining weight loss

• Samuel

beware of hidden calories

degrease by scrubbing in the shower for 15 minutes then spend 7 minutes shaving 3 minutes toweling off 4 minutes moisturizing and 20 minutes blow drying and styling your hair

you dont have to make a three digit number your weight loss goal aim for a certain dress size or waist measurement

never eat any snack food out of the box carton or bag it came in you re less likely to overeat if you separate snacks into appropriate fist sized servings