eevee asked in Society & CultureLanguages · 9 years ago

I want to learn a lot of languages... what career would be good for that?

I have this really big desire to learn a lot of languages. I took 4 years of French in high school, and I've started Spanish my 2nd year in college, and I REALLY like it a lot. I want to learn more languages. I want to become fluent in all of them. But I know lots of careers involving this stuff is very time consuming, and I want to be able to have some time for family and my future husband.

What career would be good for this that you can think of? Or even just any career involving knowing languages and culture. Please any help is appreciated, automatic 5 stars! :)

Favorite Answer

Teacher, translator - used in courts, police, medical, etc., the UN, I would think many jobs in immigrations might be available and many government jobs in general like at embassys, airlines booking agent, foreign trade, etc, etc. and last but not least, a spy !!!

I, too, loved languages in tuition. Latin, French, German, after which educated as a Russian linguist within the Army. The military has 2 tuition for language, Monterey CA and Ft. Myer VA. The russian tuition was once an entire 12 months, and the revel in in Monterey was once tremendous. that could be one alternative to become a member of the military for the linguistic revel in. Beyond that, educating is an alternative, but additionally a profession in govt as a linguist. Check out NSA, CIA, and different US Gov organizations. all of them rent linguists.

My friend and her husband work as interpreters. They get more work than they can handle, but they do live in a fairly large city. They get called into hospitals and court cases to interpret. They set their own hours. This is what I can think of off the top of my head. Best wishes!

A world trade person involved in import and export.

interpreters, schools ( worldwide)

translators??