Whats a good, unusual, small instrument to play?

I play the flute and violin and I`m kind of getting sick of it so I want to try something small and unusual to play. Any suggestions? Thanks

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

A garklein recorder!

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

I would suggest a piccolo. Its a very unique instrument, similar to the flute but almost miniature. It has a very interesting and distinct sound to it and they are not common. It is especially good for concert bands because they have a distinctly high pitched sound so it can be used as an artistic interpretation of a birds whistle or something along those lines.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

If you were feeling really adventurous, you could try soprano saxophone. Although it would be challenging to switch to a reed instrument and different fingerings, the result could be fairly nice. Coming from personal experience Bands and Jazz bands don't normally have soprano sax players, and if you become proficient at it, you could find a few quick gigs.

• 9 years ago

Ocorina. It's kinda like a flute, but is around the size of a harmonica, depending on which one you get.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 9 years ago

Harmonica

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

Flute and Clarinet. these are the instruments most commonly picked by the young one's.

• 9 years ago

Well you could pretend ur in jail nd play harmonica

• 9 years ago

Have you considered the Khomus?No?Maybe you know it as the "Jew Harp"check it out on youtube.You will be amazed how fun it is and how popular you will become at school.

• 9 years ago

Piccolo, you will tin it plenty challenging and you won't have to use alternative fingerings from your flute!

• 9 years ago

ukulele

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.