Whats a good, unusual, small instrument to play?

I play the flute and violin and I`m kind of getting sick of it so I want to try something small and unusual to play. Any suggestions? Thanks

Favorite Answer

A garklein recorder!

I would suggest a piccolo. Its a very unique instrument, similar to the flute but almost miniature. It has a very interesting and distinct sound to it and they are not common. It is especially good for concert bands because they have a distinctly high pitched sound so it can be used as an artistic interpretation of a birds whistle or something along those lines.

If you were feeling really adventurous, you could try soprano saxophone. Although it would be challenging to switch to a reed instrument and different fingerings, the result could be fairly nice. Coming from personal experience Bands and Jazz bands don't normally have soprano sax players, and if you become proficient at it, you could find a few quick gigs.

Ocorina. It's kinda like a flute, but is around the size of a harmonica, depending on which one you get.

Harmonica

Flute and Clarinet. these are the instruments most commonly picked by the young one's.

Well you could pretend ur in jail nd play harmonica

Have you considered the Khomus?No?Maybe you know it as the "Jew Harp"check it out on youtube.You will be amazed how fun it is and how popular you will become at school.

Piccolo, you will tin it plenty challenging and you won't have to use alternative fingerings from your flute!

ukulele