Ella asked in Yahoo ProductsYahoo Answers · 9 years ago

How do I get lots of points on yahoo answers!!!!!?

Please help. Some people have a bizilion and I don't want to hear u dot need them or whatever

Favorite Answer

I think people have allot of points because they've had their accounts for a long time. You'll probably notice that those people rarely ask questions.

Oh and also MAKE SURE that if you ask a question you always pick a Best Answer because you get 3 points back for that.

And one tip that gets you TONS of points is the fact that when a best answer isnt chosen for a question it goes into voting, so you have to make sure that once a question that you answered goes into voting you go vote for yourself! And if nobody else votes then you get 10 points.

Yesterday I noticed that a bunch of the questions I answered went into voting so I went in and voted for myself. Today I got 40 points! and i guess the rest went into a tie-breaker (when there are 2 answers that have the same amount of votes) tie-reakers really suck because if know one else votes that answer could stayin a tie- breaker FOREVER and no one would get points.

So if you randomly recieve points from a question that you answered like 2 years ago, that's why.

Ask a question -5

Choose a best answer for your question 3

No Best Answer was selected by voters on your question Points Returned: 5

Answer a question 2

Deleting an answer -2

Log in to Yahoo! Answers Once daily: 1

Vote for an answer 1

Vote for No best answer 0

Have your answer selected as the best answer 10

Receive a "thumbs-up" rating on a best answer that you wrote (up to 50 thumbs-up are counted) 1 per "thumbs-up"

So basically answer a lot of questions and make sure you give a lot of thought into it. share what you know, be courteous, be a good citizen, and cite your sources.

• Stop asking questions cuz they cost 5 points. And answer lots of questions and then you'll get lots of points.

Because they have more than one account and vote for themselves. In short, they Cheat.