Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthWomen's Health · 9 years ago

How to shave pubic hair?

It seems like I have done everything!!! I have done it were you take a hot shower or bath and then you let the pores open more then you get shaving gel and go on the grain. When ever I go on the grain little black stubs are left and when I do it off the grain tons and tons or red bumps and iching and I always use a new razor to any that may help :)

Charlotte

Favorite Answer

Here's how to shave your pubic hair: 1st pluck/wax some of them while they're long. Then cut the hairs short. Apply shaving cream or conditioner to the pubic area. Then shave upwards in the opposite direction of the hairs with a 5-bladed razor. Be sure to shave hard to make it smooth. Afterwords to avoid getting beginners side effects wash the area off with acne cleanser or anti-bacterial dishwasher soap. It only takes me 5 minutes to shave it & I shave about 3x a week. If done right you will be incredibly smooth like me. If you do experience beginners side effects don't panic, just put acne cream on the bumps, pop them if you can, keep up the shaving routine, & they should go away within a month. It's just like starting a new medicine. You could also try applying rubbing alcohol after you shave. That'll help prevent red spots. Also try using one of those skin moisturizing bar soaps on the area after you shave it. That'll make it really soft.

You can also get it removed permanently with electrolysis which is painful & costs $55 an hour. I've gotten 3 treatments on my pubic hair. Email me for more info about it.

Here's the benefits of pubic hair removal: The absence of pubic hair is erotic & sensational. It's easier to get sexually excited & masturbate. You'll feel sexier, younger, & more naked when you're naked. If you're a girl your guy will be able to see your vulva when you're naked. For girls it makes their periods easier to clean up because the hair traps in blood. It's cleaner because hair traps in odors & dirt & is one less thing to wash when you take a shower. One of the reasons I started shaving is because pubic hair was a distraction when I saw that area, I would kill time twirling the hairs. Pubic hair can get caught in stuff like your zipper. & you won't leave long gross hairs on stuff.

I've got a blog posted on my profile about why there's nothing wrong with pubic hair removal that you & everybody else should read. & fyi you don't need to be sexually active to shave that area. I have friends that are complete prudes that are into body hair removal.

I believe my answer is the best & would appreciate it if you chose it best.

It may be the fact that you are using a brand new razor. That would explain the red bumps possibly. Other than that you're doing what you're should. Stubble is impossible to get rid of, i've been trying to find a way for so long.

• Shawna

It seems to me like you're doing it the best way possible. Going against the grain is a HORRIBLE thing to do, and in my experience is painful and it SUCKS. Try going over it a few times with the grain to help with the stubble.

Get a Brazilian wax instead - no stubble