wonderwoman asked in PetsDogs · 9 years ago

Does a dogs nose get wet when they need to urinate or poop?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

no

wet or dry nose alone as a symptom doesnt mean anything. A dog with a fever might have a dry nose.. but if the air is hot or dry, or the dog is slightly dehydrated the nose may be dry.. dry nose doesnt always mean the dog is sick. A very wet nose doesnt mean anything either.. the dog may have licked his nose or just taken a drink. Notice when a vet does an exam, he doesnt feel your dog's nose.. he uses other vital signs to check the dog's health.

• 6 years ago

Dogs get a wet nose when they need to go to the bathroom. I have tested this for years and years. My friends also agree that this is an indication that the dog needs to potty or poop. I learned this from a professional dog breeder. Works every time. Try it, and you'll see.

• 9 years ago

No. the nose gets 'wet' when the dog licks it. and the dog licks it for the same reason we lick our lips...to keep them slightly damp and soft. Using your dog's nose as a way to determine heath/mood or whatever else is no good because each dog is different.

• 9 years ago

No. Their nose should always be somewhat wet. If its running they might be sick, if its dry they might be sick. But I've never heard of it meaning they have to go to the bathroom. That wouldn't make sense.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Lizzie
    Lv 7
    9 years ago

No, the condition of the nose has nothing to do with the need to urinate or defecate.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

It's normal for a dog's nose to be wet. If it's not it might mean they're sick =/

Visit my site for cute dog scarves!

http://www.etsy.com/shop/MadameMona

• 9 years ago

It always should be wet!

• 9 years ago

its always wet. its usually dry when they are sleeping.

Source(s): i like big butts and i cannot lie YOU OTHA BROTHAS CANT DENAY
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.