Are relationships worth it?

I am pretty much what most would characterize to be a geek/nerd and i'm a junior in high school. We got a sheet today for voting for the theme for prom and it made me think; is it really worth it to attend? Obviously its pretty much a joykill if you go alone and hangout alone there so excluding the possibility of going with friends. My possible outcomes result in either going with a date or not going.

Well going with a date, pretty much dictates that a relationship would have to be made or going with a friend as the date (won't happen). So in conclusion, is it really worth getting into a relationship because i have no experience so idk whether a relationship would be worth it or not and i am in no way saying that i am just doing this for the prom, just that the thought of prom initiated my inference on the matter? I have read and heard countless stories of sorrowful break-ups and amazing couples but let's face it the majority of relationships end by the end of high school and then over half of the relationships that didn't end, will end within the first year of high school ending. I mean i understand statistics and all, to understand that the chance of the relationship continueing is highly unlikely but still possible.

So basically are relationships worth it?

Ohkay.. I was with a guy for two and a half years and everyone keeps telling him that he could be going to the baseball draft. I didn't know if i could handle that. I've never loved anyone more, ever. But tell me, really, getting hurt would suck so much more then just breaking up. So for me, I can't say its all completely worth it. If you have no friends .. I think it's time for someone, and if that is a girlfriend for you , that's what you need .. Even if it's not going to last forever.

All that matters is love comes in the way. If you fall for a girl go for it! If you're just pressuring your self to go to prom just to find a date then don't go! (: Good luck!

• Hi

Geek answer; is there any relationship between science and mathematics? Is it a casual relationship, ongoing, and is it worth it?

There are geek type girls around too.

I would say that my last one most definitely was. My first relationship, not so much. Just make sure you get a girl that is worthwhile and you will love it.

depends what you're there for. If you are in it to get laid then absolutely not... but if you are in it to have a meaningful connection to a girl/guy (whichever way you swing) then it is... but you may want to wait till after highschool because relationships can screw up your gpa