How to fix a wet cell phone?

I accidentaly hit my phone with my elbow and it dropped into the toliet. I freaked out, took it out immediately, took it apart, dried it off, and then turned it on. the keys werent working what so ever so i turned it off again and took it apart again and put it in dry rice. how long tdo i keep it in there? and is there still hope even though i turned it on?

I spilled a cup of water on my ipod and it was so messed up that there was just a bright light shining and then bam. It turned off. I immediately put it in a bag of rice. Kept it there for about two nights. Charged it, and it worked perfectly. Try keeping it in the bag for two or three nights. That should be plenty of time for the rice to soak up the water.

Put it in a bowl of rice and leave it over night. It should be working the next day

Source(s): Just common knowledge

Leave it in the rice baggie for 24hrs. Battery should be seperate in rice. Turning it on while still wet can cause more damage.

Take it apart battery out back off &your put it in rice

Put it in rice