swaney7 asked in Beauty & StyleHair · 9 years ago

Will straightening my hair make less poofy forever?

Alright so my hair is a majestic poofy cloud. My friends said i should straighten it, just for a day to see what it looks like. But i'm afraid it will make my hair limp and lifeless. I don't even have to comb it, as soon as i get out of the shower it poofs up like animal fur or something. But i dont want this to disapear. Help please!!

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Not unless you get a Brazilian blowout, which chemically straightens your hair. If you use a flatiron with heat protectant, then it goes exactly back to the way it was before once you wash it. If you don't use heat protectant, however, you may end up permanently damaging your hair. I'm sure you can buy it at just about any drugstore, and if you don't know it's just a little thing you spray on your hair before flatironing it.

• Eli
    Lv 4
    9 years ago

Straightening it is sort of putting a band aid on it. It only lasts so long and also you can damage/fry your hair. Maybe get a keratin or brazil treatment. But ask a hairdresser as well!

• 9 years ago

Trust me straightening it once wont do anything to it, i have pretty curly crazy hair and i straighten my hair alll the time and it hasn't changed :)

• gosman
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

in the beginning, you will might desire to pass to the salon and get it thinned out! What you are able to desire to put in your hair to sidestep any poof is a styling cream. no longer a serum, a cream. attempt Garnier Fructise Styling Smoothing Milk. i'm confident you will like it. put in on previously flat ironing it and run slightly in after!

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 9 years ago

It won't I straighten my hair sometimes but it's still puffy

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.