How to deal better with stress and stop losing sleep over problems? High Blood Pressure and Stress?

Hi, I am 18 years old and have a slightly elevated blood pressure (prehypertension). I was diagnosed with it about two years ago and I am in really good shape, I eat relatively healthy and exercise about every other day. But lately I have been worrying so much about my blood pressure, because it is not normal for people my age to have it. The doctors are surprised when i tell them i have high blood pressure because I am in good shape and hardly any one in my family has it, most of my family is in pretty good shape. Since i have been worrying so much about my blood pressure, its all i can think about, i worry about it too much and struggle to fall asleep and stay asleep at night because i constantly worry about it. It is really difficult falling asleep, because all my thoughts are on my blood pressure. I am not sure why i worry about it because its not that big of a deal now and even the doctors tell me not to worry, but i still do. I especially get nervous when i am getting my bp taken, I get really nervous anytime i see a bp monitor. Can someone please help? Thanks!

Favorite Answer

Yoga and meditation.