What are some of the most emotional movies or movie scenes that you have seen?

Please try not to spoil anything! :)

Favorite Answer

The Pursuit of Happyness, especially the scene where Will Smith is embracing his son on a public restroom floor while someone keeps banging on the locked bathroom door.

The Kid, scene where Charlie Chaplin is fighting with police and running after his adopted son as he is being driven away in a truck.

A.I.

Schindler's List

Bambi, scene where his mom is shot.

E.T., scene where the kids' bikes fly over the roadblock.

On the newer side, I'd say P.S. I Love You. Its the only movie that makes me cry every time.

Despicable Me is aslo amazing. Funny, sad and adorable all at the same time.

Older movies, A Clockwork Orange (1971). A truly legendary movie! Disturbing at times but highly emotional. This one I couldn't stop thinking about every single day for 6 months so I had to watch it again.

• The Mist

-There is this scene that makes me hate everything. A solider, who is quite a nice guy and is very likeable, gets the blame for the attack. He, of course isn't necessarily at fault, he just knows the facts behind it. He is stabbed two or three times in the chest, and is bleeding horribly. He is chucked out, to be feed to the monsters and knocks on the glass and they just stare at him. Very depressing and so miserable and sad. The rest of the film is just as miserable, but it was that scene that made me burst.

Other films

-A.I Artifical Intelligence

-American History X

-Requiem For A Dream

-The Green Mile

-Shawshank Redemption

-Gran Torino

Without a doubt, it is the Terminator 2 ending scene, where the boyish John Connor tries desperately to order the Terminator not to leave. The words and emotions there are soul-gripping. Until today, I fight back tears looking at that emotion-saturated moment.

The miracle worker (1962)

(near the end of the movie)

After the scene at the water pump when Helen's parents run outside to embrace her.

The song of Bernadette (1943)

As the mother (Croisine) of the badly-crippled infant stood by his crib and frantically told her husband to fetch Bernadette's mother as the infant was slowly suffocating to death. It's especially touching when she exclaims, "I want my child to live!"

Pay it forward

Jerry's conversation with the suicidal woman on the bridge.

Come to the stable (1949)

During the closing scene when the camera pauses on the mob boss, "Luigi Rossi" standing in the doorway and thinking about his deceased and deeply loved son.

Disney's version of Pollyanna (1960)

As the doctor, and the maid Nancy, try to cheer up Pollyanna as she lies in bed.

The trouble with angels (1966)

Rachel Devery's bitter refusal to talk to or say goodbye to Mary Clancy at the train station.

Nicholas & Alexandra (1971)

After Nicholas abdicates his power, he represses his crushing humilation from everyone until he stumbles into his bedroom where his heartbroken wife awaits him. As soon as he sees her, all that pain and shame slowly erupts from this emotionally-devastated man into a very well-acted, heart-wrenching scene.

Les Miserables (1978....w/ Robert Jordan)

When the contrite Jean Valjean kneels before the compassionate bishop and returns the stolen silver candlesticks.

Touched by love (1980)

When Lena enters Karen's bedroom to wish her "Merry Christmas".

Cora unashamed (2000)

When Cora confronts the nasty, self-involved mother at the end of the film. Cora's deeply-rooted frustration finally explodes and leaves the wealthy, pompous woman's head spinning.

(You go, Girl!)

Baby boom (1987)

When JC Wiatt leaves Elizabeth with the parents ready to adopt the toddler. Little Elizabeth is devastated....the way that an eighteen-month-old can "act" devastated.

Frances (1982)

When Frances, committed to the mental institution and highly-sedated, is gang raped by soldiers.

Ghost

Sam's final goodbye to his wife at the film's denouement.

Crisis at Central High (1980)

After Caroline Fuller is spat on by a hateful student, she rigidly walks to Mrs. Huckaby's office and despondently tells the teacher that she wants to go home. The incessant bullying at school is too much for Caroline.

• Dan M

the end of Saving Private Ryan

</3

I was the girl next door (2007 NOT to 2004)

its a true story about a murder I had to watch it in school... omg.

Of Mice and Men. Powder. To Kill a Mockingbird. (OMG) Tuesdays with Morrie (I cried).

As of recent , definitely 'Warrior' - The whole ending sequence pulls on my heart strings.

fox n the hound at the end

Source(s): watched it, you should too

Boys Don't Cry (rape scene)

Monster (rape scene)