Pre owned truck less than a month and drive belt needs to be replaced....?

I just bought a 09 tahoe from a chevy dealership....Im about to make my firnst payment and the drive belt already needs to be replaced??? WT*??I got a bumper to bumper warranty but my luck it doesnt cover the belt...Do u think if I talk to the manger in sales and the sales person that sold it to me they would help me out..I mean ive only had the truck fro just about a month and I dont drive that much.....Im just mad ;/ its 225 to repair this..any advice do yall feel I should be helped out by the dealer since it hasnt been that long since I bought it?? thanks

Favorite Answer

warranty doesn't cover it then you do. are you talking about the fan belt? You can install that yourself and save about $175

You can talk to the dealer and see what he'll say. It doesn't hurt to ask.

If I was the dealer I'd back up a car I just sold just for customer relations.

Who ever said it was $225 is a thief. It shouldn't cost more than a C-note.

if the truck has around 60,000 miles then it is probably due for new drive belts. the dealer will not help you that is considered like wear and tear. just fix it and it will run like new