Pulled muscle, what should I do?

Hey,

Basically I was practicing bboying (doing crickets and elbow freezes that flipped over couple of times) and after my session I felt a pain behind my rib cage. I first I thought it was internal bleeding and I'm screwed but after a couple of hours (11 so far), I didn't experience any symptoms of internal bleeding. I'm not coughing blood, lightheaded, urinating in red, crapping out red stuff, vomiting blood, or have a huge swollen area. My sore comes from behind the right rib cage and if I push hard enough I can feel the ache. My mom and I have diagnosed it as a hurt muscle because it feels sore whenever I stretch out, bend over or sometimes when I turn 180 degrees. So now I have 2 questions,

1) Do I have internal bleeding and should I seek medical attention soon?

2) How long will it take usually for this kind of stuff to heal?

Thanks for all your time and support.

Favorite Answer

it'll take about a week if it is a muscle in the mean time get a box of nurofin (anti inflammatory's) and panadol, perfectly safe to take together, as the nurofin will take down any swelling of the muscle and the panadol will help with the pain.

Hope you feel better soon

Best of luck

Source(s): personal experience