Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentImmigration · 9 years ago

marriage-based greencard?

hi, im getting married with my girlfriend soon.

shes a us citizen and im a illegal alien. i came from korea when i was 5 with a travel visa and my parents lied to me and just stayed here. they had no plan and right now im a illegal alien. so i talked to my girlfriend about this and she said that we can marry together and she will help me get a green card. so after i get married with her what do i do? do i get interviewed or what? i knew her my whole life since middle school?

3 Answers

  • 9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

    You don't know what you are, and that makes me sad.

    If you entered the U.S. with a visa, which you got at the U.S. consulate in Seoul, after an interview, and were inspected at the airport in the U.S. at which time you received a stamp in your Korean passport and an I-94 form, then you are NOT, I repeat, NOT, an illegal alien.

    An illegal alien is somebody who hopped a fence or swam through the Rio Grande in the middle of the night, totally under the radar.

    An illegal alien has NO way to adjust status; you have this option because you are NOT an illegal alien.

    All of that said, your plan is one of immigration fraud, and it won't work. Not only because it would make your girlfriend a potential felon with a 5-year prison sentence looming over her head, but because any new marriage will only lead to a conditional 2-year Green Card and your marriage would be under a microscope for 2 years. The only way to do this is if you marry for love, a girl you really want to spend the rest of your life with. Only in such a case you will be able to collect the needed evidence for the Removal of Conditions two years later.

    Source(s): I'm a natural-born German and Swedish citizen and naturalized U.S. citizen. I have an educational background in philosophy and political science and work as a corporate attorney in California. Since I’m an immigrant myself, I’m interested in immigration law in general and issues concerning multiple citizenships in particular.
  • Anonymous
    4 years ago

    First time submitting for an EAD based on the I-485 and that i-one hundred thirty is unfastened or exempted. additionally your i-131 is exempted from the cost. If its your first time. you will get a this rfile for a 12 months after that in case you may desire to resume it you will pay that total cost.

  • Anonymous
    9 years ago

    you are not an Illegal are an over stayer who became illegal

    go see an aila lawyer could be deported anytime

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.