Are you prepared in case this happens?

Especially for those with little college or work experience and taking care of young kids at home. Do you think your marriage will really last 'forever' until one of you pass away? How are you hoping for the best and especially preparing for the worst?

Update:

How are you preparing for the worst? Please go into detail. I want to see what others are doing so I can figure out what I could do too. Thanks.

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Hope for the best, but ALWAYS have a back up plan! Especially if you have kids.

Learning that the hard way!

• Al B
    Lv 7
    9 years ago

The best thing you can do to prepare for the worst is to try to have a little savings account set aside as emergency money and if the kids are in school perhaps try to see about going back to school perhaps to learn something that may help in the event the marriage does not last and you need to support yourself and your children. More importantly though is to try to do those things which help make the marriage stronger and last longer. For example, here is a site which may help you raise your self esteem if it needs that and think in a more positive way from day to day.

• 9 years ago

It would be wonderful if your marriage DID last "forever" and I hope you are happily married for the rest of your life, but life does happen, so you should live realistically and prepare for the worst.

Find something you're truly interested in and go back to school and build a career for yourself. If something does go awry, you'll be able to take care of yourself and your children. If you and your hubby do last forever, you'll have a wonderful career and your family will be even better off financially!

• 9 years ago

if the worse happens. . . you hope that you have an amazing support system of family and/or friends around.

regardless of for better or for worse. . . one should always consult with a financial advisor at some point in their lives, if not on an annual basis, and make sure that they have a financial back plan, enough insurance (life, house, auto, etc), last will and testaments are up to date, college savings for children, etc.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago

hope for the best

and don't stress about the worst otherwise you always looking over your shoulder or worrying about stuff

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

Hope for the best

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.