Avid readers!! Answer these questions! :D?

Alright guys, I haven't asked questions in a while so I got some for you!

Some may not have to do with reading but I'm trying to get a feel on some things.

Don't have to answer them all, just say pass for whichever you don't wish to answer.

1.Have you read Harry Potter?

2.If yes, what are your thoughts, if no, what made this decision?

3.Favorite book? (and why)

4.Favorite series? (and why)

5.Favorite author? (and why)

6.Do you feel that all book-movies ruin the books? If not which series didn't, if yes give examples.

7.Are you a frequent movie watcher?

8.If yes, favorite genre? If no, simply pass. (Or if you wish give reasoning or a random fact about yourself)

9.Favorite genre for books? (and why)

10.Do you venture out of a certain genre? (if no, why, if yes, what genres?)

11.Least favorite series? (and why)

12.Has there ever been a book you've had to force yourself to finish? (what was it?)

13.Do you have to finish a book when you start it?

14.Do you always read a book if someone recommends it to you?

15.Do most of your close friends read?

Anything else you wish to add, feel free! Just wanted to hear from other readers. :)

Favorite Answer

1.Have you read Harry Potter?

YES!

I am a hardcore fan of the HP books, have been reading them since I was 5 years old.

3.Favorite book? (and why)

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, because it's the longest Harry Potter book.

4.Favorite series? (and why)

Harry Potter, because...well...it's just my all time favourite series, and basically helped me through my childhood, and it's so magical, and whenever I'm sad the Harry Potter books just cheer me up.

5.Favorite author? (and why)

JK Rowling. Because she wrote Harry Potter.

Not always. It sort of depends...some books were just not meant to be made into movies. But others work well, though never match up to the book. For example, Harry Potter - I think it added to the magic of the HP books, rather than destroying it (although there WERE certain parts that the filmmakers absolutely butchered, they are only human and overall the HP movie series worked well).

7.Are you a frequent movie watcher?

No

Blah blah blah...pass. But when I do watch movies I like watching fantasy or crappy chick flicks.

9.Favorite genre for books? (and why)

Fantasy, because I like imagining different places and ideas, and I've always been a bit of a dreamer...

Yes. I read pretty much anything - fantasy, romance, horror, etc...

11.Least favorite series? (and why)

The Twilight series. They are so overrated, all the characters are Mary-Sues, the books are poorly written, Stephenie Meyer absolutely butchered the legend of vampires (plus, any book written about vampires will now be compared to Twilight, even those written BEFORE the Twilight series was released). Plus, Twilight fans are absolutely RIDICULOUS, they never use proper grammar or spelling, and, when asked why they like Twilight, they rave and rant about how "rpattz is lyk sooo hawt nd stufff". So yeah.

Yes. Inkheart by Cornelia Funke. I just didn't like it. But my mum said she's give me $10 if I read it, so I did (I was 10 years old at the time...).

No. But often if I don't finish it straight away, I forget about it and don't end up reading it at all, so I guess I sort of do have to...

Not necessarily.

15.Do most of your close friends read?

Yes. Not all, but most of them.

1.Have you read Harry Potter? - I attempted to read the first book. At least I tried.

2.If yes, what are your thoughts, if no, what made this decision? - I guess fantasy just isn't my thing. It's about the only genre I don't like.

3.Favorite book? (and why) - Right now, it's The Queen of the Damned by Anne Rice because there are subplots that are actually interesting and relevant to the story, and a lot of characters to keep the action going.

4.Favorite series? (and why) - I don't have a favorite series.

5.Favorite author? (and why) - My favorite is Jodi Picoult because her books never fail to strike a nerve in me.

6.Do you feel that all book-movies ruin the books? If not which series didn't, if yes give examples. - Nine times of of ten, movie adaptions are terrible. I watch the movie before reading the book so I can actually enjoy the movie and not be annoyed by it.

7.Are you a frequent movie watcher? - Yes.

8.If yes, favorite genre? If no, simply pass. (Or if you wish give reasoning or a random fact about yourself) - I like thrillers.

9.Favorite genre for books? (and why) - Again, I like thrillers.

10.Do you venture out of a certain genre? (if no, why, if yes, what genres?) - Yes, sometimes I like to read courtroom dramas.

11.Least favorite series? (and why) - I don't tend to read a lot of series.

12.Has there ever been a book you've had to force yourself to finish? (what was it?) - Twilight. I finished it out of pure will, but I did not enjoy it.

13.Do you have to finish a book when you start it? - Now if I don't like a book I won't waste my time.

14.Do you always read a book if someone recommends it to you? - No.

15.Do most of your close friends read? - No.

• 1.Have you read Harry Potter?

Half of the first novel.

Too much going on, I couldn't keep up...the films were great but I still have no ideal of what was going on in a sense.

3.Favorite book? (and why)

Redeeming Love - Francine Rivers

The Tale of Despereaux - Kate Dicamillo

Anastasia - Stewart

Great Expectations - Charles Dickens

These books have taught me alot about the way we treat people in our everyday life. The way we underestimate, stereotype, and make assumptions about people.

4.Favorite series? (and why)

The Luxe Series - Anna Godbersen

It's actually a WELL-WRITTEN young adult historical romance. None of that Sarah Dessen garbage.

5.Favorite author? (and why)

I don't have one. Usually I always get dissapointed with their other works...it seems they usually only have a few good novels...and then...their candle fades.

They do not, I think they give life. Books are good because they can put in detail and complex things. However, I will agree that movies will ruin what you had in mind.

7.Are you a frequent movie watcher?

Yes, I am!

I love historical romance and comedy. (NO! NOT ROM-COM. ROMANTIC AND COMEDY SEPERATELY!)

9.Favorite genre for books? (and why)

Mmm, I guess romance, however I think I get sick after 2 romance novels, I love changing up my genres.

Yes, I think the one good thing the whole Twilight/Vampire craze did was push readers out of the fantasy section and into different genres. I only read fantasy before Twilight and now I read most genres except horror (I get scared easily) and sci-fi....if you know any good novels in sci-fi - e-mail me, please!

11.Least favorite series? (and why)

The Mortal Instruments - Cassandra Clarke

I honestly have no idea how anyone likes that novel! It's so ...well, disturbing. Also, I didn't even finish the first book let alone the entire series!! I will admit that it did make me laugh out loud sometimes but the book was so painful to read.

The Fetch - Laura Whitcomb

This book made sure to say "THIS IS A ROMANCE NOVEL" everywhere it could...but upon reading the actually story it had nothing to do with romance. I think the only lines that involved romance was, "I felt weird, towards her." "Please visit me sometime." *Hugs/Cries*

Yes! If I don't that means the book really sucks or it's just not my thing. I had to finish the Ellen Hopkin series of Crank, Glass, etc. It was really not my cup of tea...too depressing, something I couldn't understand or relate too.

No, usually I disregard their recommendations. I ALWAYS am sure to look the novels up but no one has actually ever offered me something that I liked.

15.Do most of your close friends read?

Um. I guess you could say...yes. Not as much as me. But yes, they do.

1. Only the third one cause its my favorite movie out of the series...

2. It was okay, I've read better.

3/4. I combined this one cause my favorite book is twilight and my favorite series...the twilight saga. lol (not the movies, ugh) I could go on forever about why I love it, so I won't. But let's just say I'm not this kind of fan: "OMIGOSH EDWARD AND JACOB ARE SO YUMMY!" -_-

5. Stephenie Meyer LOL

6. NO. NOT AT ALL.

7. Sort of.

8. All types. Just not horrors or confusing ones like inception. Oh god what was it about?

9. Romance, mystery, suspense

10. Not really because I get bored easily.

11. Don't have one...

12. Oh god lol um this one called The Maze or something. I really didn't finish it actually. Too horrible.

13. Yes, I always have to. Except the one above. I couldn't...

14. Almost never...

15. Sadly no. I wish I had a reading friend...

1. Yes

2. I really like it, but think there are still some better books out there, but it's still a classic favorite of mine.

3. My favorite book is The Face by Dean Koontz. It's creepy, but also has a nice warm and fuzzy ending. It makes me laugh and it makes me cry. It tells me that it's not important to be rich or famous and that being just an average person is perfectly fine. YAY!

4. My favorite series is The Belgariad by David Eddings because it's awesomely funny and a great fantasy series.

5. My favorite author is Dean Koontz because he writes some creepy stuff but a lot of his books are also funny and have the aforementioned warm fuzzies in them. I really like warm fuzzies.

6. Generally I do think that the movies mad from books stand pretty well on their own, but they suck when you compare them to the books. An exception to this would be The Lord of the Rings, I think. The books are awesome, and the movies are too.

7. Yes

8. I really like action, horror and old comedies (old meaning made no later than 1970)

9. I love horror, suspense and fantasy

10. Yeah. I like to try a bit of everything, for the most part. Like science fiction.

11. My least favorite series is The Riftwar Saga. I'm not sure if it's applicable, because I never read past the first book, though. I thought it was incredibly dull and just generally awful.

12. I had to force myself to finish The Chosen by Chaim Potok in my ninth grade English class. Nobody in the class liked it--and this was Honors English.

13. I don't have to finish a book when I start it. If it fails to grab my attention I'll put it down and forget completely about it.

14. If someone recommends a book to be I'll at least check it out, but I don't give any guarantees that I'm actually going to read it.

15. The majority of my close friends do read. I usually find it hard to get along with someone who doesn't read.

1. YES.

2. This book is flippin' amazing. I don't love it, but I like it to a great extent. It's too awesome for words.

3. I have a ton, but one that I can name right off the bat is Sand Dollar Summer by Kimberly K. Jones.

4. I have a list! Just like #3, the first one that comes in mind is Mortal Instruments series by Cassandra Clare.

5. Cassandra Clare, because she's got a nice writing style, and I enjoy the modern humor in her books. J.K. Rowling, just because it is J.K. Rowling.

6. Some don't portray the books as they should whereas some do.

7. I watch movies now and then, but I'm always so busy...

8. It doesn't matter to me, so long as I enjoy the book. I'm interested in fiction, though.

9. Look at eight.

10. Nah.

11. I'd say the Cirque De Freak series. It was pretty interesting, but not written in a way I liked. I didn't enjoy any of the characters... It's just my opinion; I felt the series weren't as great as everyone said they were.

12. The Hunger Games Trilogy. I know, the horror! I can imagine the fans staring at my answer, eyes wide and mouth agape.

13. Sometimes.

14. Eh, no one really recommends books for me, unless I ask. Sometimes, I suppose.

15. Yes!

• 1. Yeah.

2. It was uh... Good? Like, it was really nice story-telling, and it sort of felt like the books just got better, and better... But the first one is still really cute, and all that stuff..

3. Order of the Phoenix, because it was the first one I read... And it's the one that made me want to read the other ones.

4. There are so many great ones... Like, the Hannibal Lecter series... I'm not sure if that counts though, since all of the books could possibly just be stand-alones with the same characters... Or the Vampire Chronicles by Anne Rice, or Harry Potter, or Inkheart and its sequels... But the movie sort of ruined those for me, because it was so bland and all... Loved the books though.

5. I love all authors. Except Stephen King... so.. Uhm..

John Green? Because he's funny and he writes young adult novels that are hilarious, and meaningful, and all that....

6.Yes! Well, not "ruin"

They just aren't as good as movies. Above, i mentioned Inkheart. Just recently, I tried to watch Jane Eyre with my mom... Some of the HP movies weren't as amazing as they should have been... Interview with a Vampire (Brad Pitt? BRAD PITT???? WHY!?)

7.Yes, actually. I love movies. My best friend's mother is a movie collector, so we spend most of our free-time watching movies.

8. I like superheroes. :)

So.. Action? Also, comedy, romance, drama... Gosh, Iove movies. Cartoons!!! I can't get enough of those.

9.Romance... Because of the emotions and the love!

10. Sometimes I read things that are depressing and sad... or really funny. This is a Book... That was great.

11. The Vampire Diaries... or really, just L.J. Smith as an author...She's like the Smeyer of the 90s... Except probably not as popular.

You know what's worse than books becoming movies? Books becoming TV shows! Gah!!~!

12. Well, it took me a really long time to finish East of Eden... Not because of the length, just because I was really busy and got it from the library... so I had to return it before I had a chance to finish it, then I had to check it out again and it was just a mess...

13. Generally just starting a book isn't enough to make me have to finish... I'd say that if I read more than like a chapter of a book, then I have to finish it... But if I don't like it, I can put it down after the first page or two.

14. No, not always. It depends on whether I think the person recommending it has good taste. It's been awhile since anyone has recommended anything to me, though...

And sometimes I just don't have time to read things that people want me to read, because I'm busy reading other things.

15. Yeah, I would say that of my two or three friends, two or three of them read.... >.>

1. No

2.The series is too dry for me. I don't really like sci-fi

3.Memoir of promiscuity by Kerry Cohen. It's her real life, and it - to me is very interesting because it's so raw.

4.Face on the back of the milk carton by Caroline B Cooney. Man! It's so crazy and twisted!

5.Kerry Cohen, she's Magic

6.Most do! (Speak was horrible) but some are amazing (The devil wears prada, Twilight...)

7. Yes! :D

8. Horror or gritty or independent movies

9.Raw Fiction. It makes you realize that happiness is never at the end of every rode.

10.Not to often, unless it's classics or plays for school

11. Twilight & Harry Potter, people build them up waaay too much. EVEN PEOPLE WHO HAVEN'T READ THE BOOKS!!

12. Gifted hands by Ben Carson .... It was soo ridiculous, but at the end it got better.

13. Not always. If it's horrible, I'll return it.

14.Only if they summarize it amazingly well.

15. Yess! We have a random book club type conversatiom sometimes lol

1.yes

2.AMAZING

3. Fat Cat... Really interesting and unique plot

4. Hunger Games.... She writes with such detail that you can imagine Katniss as yourself

5.J.K. Rowling.... Do I have to explain :)

6.no... I dont think any ruin them... they're just different

7.yes

8.romance and action

9.realistic fiction... you can relate the most and get into the books more

10.yes.... i like realistic fiction, sci fi, adventure, almost anything....

11. Never read a series I didnt like

12.Nothing But the Truth..... HORRIBLE... it was biased, boring, and stupid

13.nope

14. I put it and the end of my 30 book long "to read" list

15.yes

1.YES

2.IT WAS AMAZING

3.I DONT REALLY HAVE A FAVORITE THEY ALL SPEAK TO ME IN DIFFERENT WAYS.

4.REFER TO ANSWER FROM 3

5.I AM TTO FALL IN LOVE WITH R.R TOLKIEN JUST BECAUSE YOU COULD SEE HOW HARD HE WORKED HOW MUCH HE CARED WHEN CREATING THE BOOKS AND I LOVE HIS DESCRIPTIONS.

6.YES THEY DO ERAGON, A SERIES OF UNFORTUNATE EVENTS AMAZING BOOKS RUINED BY AWFUL TERRIBLE MOVIES

7.YES I AM BUT I LIKE READING BOOKS WAY MORE IF YOU ASKED ME TO CHOOSE EITHER WATCH A MOVIE OR READ A A BOOK I WOULD SAY READ

8. LOVE PRETTY MUCH ALL GENRES IM NOT PICKY

9.WELL I WOULD HAVE TO SAY FANTASY BECAUSE ANYTHING COULD HAPPEN (NOT THE VAMPIRE FANTASY BOOKS THO READ TWILIGHT BUT THAT'S ALL) HOWEVER I DO NOT READ ONLY FANTASY BOOKS I ENJOY ALL GENRE'S

10.I HAVE NEVER READ A HORROR BOOK NOT BECAUSE I DONT WANT TO I JUST HAVEN'T GOTTEN TO ONE YET I SHOULD OTHER THAN THAT I READ ALL GENRES

11.I DONT HAVE ONE IN PARTICULAR I DO NOT LIKE MOSTLY CAUSE THER ARE ALOT OF TERRIBLE ONES OUT THERE

12.YES ALOT THERE WERE A FEW BIOGRAPHY'S I HAD TO READ THE MOST BORING THINGS EVER I DONT EXACTLY REMEMBER THE NAMES OF THEM I DO NOT HAVE ANYTHING AGAINST BIOGRAPHY'S I JUST DISLIKE THOSE AND THERE ARE MANY MORE OUT THERE JUST DONT REMEMBER THERE NAMES BECAUSE THEY WEREN'T WORTH REMEMBERING.

13YES! BUT IF I REALLY HATE IT THAT MUCH I HAVE NO REGRETS ABOUT NOT READING IT

12.USUALLY I DO BECAUSE IM SUPER CURIOUS

MOST OF THEM DONT SO NO ONE TO TALK TO BOOKS ABOUT I JUST MULL OVER THEM TO MYSELF.

oops caps lock was on wow i feel stupid i am not blond if any one is wondering lol