how can I get motivated?

I'm a freshman at college and I haven't been working out like I used to, and it's starting show. what can I do to motivate myself so I can start losing this weight again

Favorite Answer

Don't worry, it's normal to gain a little weight when you start college.

Write down your goals and how your plan to lose the weight.

Keep a picture of yourself before you gained a little (if it's that noticeable of a weight gain) and keep your mind set of getting there again.

If you've noticed that any of your clothing has gotten a little snug, keep it and make it a goal to be able to fit into that shirt, pair of pants, anything just right.

Don't take short cuts when walking around. Take the long way if you have time. Set a time that you want to workout and make it happen. Maybe you can get a friend to do it with you so you both can have motivation and help each other along the way.

Hope I helped even a little. Good luck. :)

Ok, here's a 3 way motivation system that works for me:

1. Take a picture of yourself so you can see how you look at the heavier weight. I encourage you to write down your starting stats (weight, circumference of trouble spots like waist and hips) in bold bright color directly onto this picture. This is your start pic.

2. Buy a calendar and pick 1 day a week (I use Saturday) to do a Stat Check for weight and the circumference of your waist & hips, or other trouble spots. You must write down your stats on your calendar, again bold and easy to read. It's motivating if your start pic is attached to or posted near the calendar in plain view.

3. Buy yourself clothing in the size you want to be (nothing too crazy, go 1 or 2 dress sizes down). It should fit you at your ideal weight. Leave that article of clothing (I usually use a slinky dress or a flirty swimsuit) on a hanger and have it also posted in plain view (near your calendar & start pic helps).

How this motivation system works: The start pic reminds you of what you want to escape, fix, & never go back to. The calendar tracks progress and if you can see that what you're doing makes a difference you're more willing to continue working at it, especially when comparing the stats to those written on the start pic. The Clothes are a reward for reaching your goal, which makes you more likely to stick to the diet/exercise and motivate you to do your best so you can flaunt your figure in that new dress / swimsuit / etc.

Best of Luck to you on the weight loss!

I'm not very motivated too but what I try to do is think of the results that will come afterwards. Just try to remember how your body used to be.

Don't you know about the bird?

Well everybody's heard about the bird !

Bird bird bird, the bird is the word !

Bird bird bird, the bird is the word ! Yeah !