DEBATE TIME: Right vs Right on War and Peace?

Ok, so people what do you think about war and people fighting?

Do you think the world shouldn't fight, becuase in the bible it says, 'thou shalt not kill'. And that is a major sin...

Or do you believe fighting is ok to teach people a lesson or to end a conflict here and there...

Perhaps you go with neither, or don't care, maybe your inbetween. So, why do you think it is ok and isn't ok to fight??

Favorite Answer

The Bible only forbids murder, which is the unlawful taking of life. The Bible does not forbid killing in the cases of self-defense, war, or to keep order (police action).

War is something that I believe most of us hope to avoid at all costs. However, there are good reasons to go to war. For example, the world is a much better place because Hitler was defeated in WWII.

There are also stupid reasons to go to war. For example, the whole point of WWI was that a bunch of European Nations decided my country is better than yours... nah nah nah nah nah nah!!!.....

I've done fighting on both sides, and i tell you personally, it makes me sick, to know what i am capable of and what others are capable of. It's not o.k. to fight. While it may at times be necessary, it is never alright and should be ended as quickly as possible with as few casualties as possible. I've come to believe in 'thou shall not kill' and think it is a mandate not a suggestion! No one should ever think that killing is O.K.!

War is natural. It's wrong when it's taken to a certain extent.