drifting bad for car?

i bought myself a lexus is300 recently, and the other day it was raining so i decided to turn off the traction control and do a little drifting. sometimes, my car would "jerk" out of it at the end and it wasn't very smooth. but, regarding that and drifting as a whole, how detrimental is this to my car? don't worry about the safety of myself or others, i went into a large empty parking lot that was going to be used for a wal mart or something, but they never built the store so it's basically an abandoned lot.

i'm worried about putting strain on the trans, ball joints, tierods etc.. anyone have any personal testaments to damaging their cars by drifting?

Favorite Answer

i hope your stinking rich - your repairs will make someone richer

I have drifted in my mustang for years and no problems (obviously ur gonna go through tires fast).

it is very bad. you can ruin your alignment really bad. ruin tires. damage tire rods.